led choice

SteveoMiami

Newly Enlightened
I am going to build a C8 or C12 light and I was wondering the best setup for driver/led for max throw. I'm going to build another one for flood/throw and for that one I have xml2 u2 and an 8Xamc7135 driver. That is a good setup for flood and throw right?

Thr3Evo

Enlightened
I am going to build a C8 or C12 light and I was wondering the best setup for driver/led for max throw.
XPG2 and 4x380 7135 board?

I'm going to build another one for flood/throw and for that one I have xml2 u2 and an 8Xamc7135 driver. That is a good setup for flood and throw right?
Although you will get a decent amount of flood with the later, it will still throw A LOT. Get an OP or MOP reflector to improve the spill.

Oh and don't forget HEATSINKS

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, XML2-U2 driving at 2.8A has a wonderful flood & decent throw.
And the driver that you are using also gives you the choice of modes that you can choose from.

I only worry that the C8 or C12 might have a deep reflector, as compared to a standard P60 drop-in, and you will end up having more throw & lesser flood.

SteveoMiami

Newly Enlightened
also, what is the best host for a decicated thrower? Is there a host and a matching aspheric lens i can match with it. I'd like to buy 2 hosts and convert 1 to aspheric so i have 2 heads, one with awsome throw and then the aspheric one to play with