Quark Pro QP2A-X with XML2 !!!!!!

Dr.444

Enlightened
hey guys ...

i noticed at FOURSEVENS website the (Quark Pro QP2A-X) available with XML-2 emitter , [ 336LM] !

Link >> http://www.foursevens.com/products/QP2A-X-AE

what do you guys think of this ,, no greenish tint ,, any other problems ? maybe worth getting ?

:thinking::thinking:

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you like 4sevens build quality? the way the anodization holds up, the way it feels in your hands.
i cant explain what it is but a LD20/22 screams superior build quality and feeling. looks and feels expensive. even after months/years.
not so with Quarks imho.

if you ever had a Quark and enjoyed its build and haptics, then okay.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine may not be pretty after four years of use, but it works and is used regularly. I can't say the same for most of my other lights.

Photon

Newly Enlightened
For some reason, the L-M-H lighting sequence of the Quarks continues to be a matter of importance to me. Yes, you can use a little discipline to turn mode-memory lights off in low mode. But L-M-H is guaranteed by design in the Quarks.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned several 4Sevens lights. I haven't had a problem with any of them.

And I, too, value the low-medium-high sequencing.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well technically you can still do that with the "older" LD20 models. (low , med , high).

I love Fenix, but I wish flashlight brands wouldn't always be so uniform with changes to their UI's across the board.

---> I like memory functions and hate them at the same time. With lights like the LD20 or a TK11 you can have a "memory" by twisting the head so you know it will either come on in low or highest. don't know why that style is completely going out to wayside these days. It seems like nobody makes a light that doesn't have memory functions of remembering the last mode. Yeah... it is easy to turn it off in whatever you want it to come on in... but say you want it to come in on something that you didnt' turn it off in...

Dr.444

Enlightened
thanks guys for replay!

seems very good light ,, i liked the older version but only problem was greenish tint .

hope this one doesn't have that :rolleyes:

Xak

Enlightened
Only problems I ever had is when I dropped one and THE BATTERY broke. Light worked fine after I replaced the broken AW rechargeable.

One question. Can't wait to check out the new XM-L2 and XP-G2... when will 4,7s have some warmer tints available in the new LEDs????!!!!

Specifically looking for a MLR2 and a QP2L-X in warm or HCRI. Also want a uniform beam. Got a neutral XM-L that is blue on the outside of the beam and neutral on the inside. My Deerelight XM-L is a gorgeous warm throughout, almost like an incandescent.

Last edited:

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember for a while people where really complaining about the greenish tints of the XM-Ls. Seems like the complaints died down a long time ago. Now I see people say they got a greenish tint but it isn't so bad, or most don't mention a greenish tint.

I think the current XM-Ls are better. I do know my SC52 has a greenish tint. But I have to really look for it. And only because I have done painting and photoshop work can I even notice the tint. I tried to point it out to the wife but she couldn't see it.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kinda excited to see what the XM-L2 Maelstrom X10/MMU-X can do. It's already one of the brightest/throwiest single cell lights I know of.