Found NiteCore EA8 review

lightliker

Newly Enlightened
nice review patriot!, I always like to see how you describe different flashlights. Your comparison of the SR-90 and the polarion did me decide to buy the first one and still looking at the polarion :D.
At this moment I am doubting between the EA4 and the EA8, have to see some more beamshts of both of them outside.
When will you make your outside comparison of these two lights?
Does it always rain there?? (seems it doesn't in southern california :devil:)

herosemblem

Enlightened
I have the EA4W and EA8W.
Lightliker, so far I have found two main benefits of the EA8: 1) Extended runtime on turbo (no apparent stepdown), and 2) the lowest level is nice and low.
There are other benefits, like the increased-brightness blue indicator button, better mode spacing, and farther-throwing beam, but I am not including them.
A big downside for me is the 8 batteries, the heavy weight, and the huge length.

There is just something so appealing and novel about the EA4.
I love my EA8 and I admire it for many reasons, but if I was forced to choose one, it would be the little EA4. There's just something so appealing about a 4X AA light, the size of a toilet paper roll, which quickly punches out a nice beam. The EA8 is a bit more unwieldy... For example, I am going camping this weekend and cannot see myself bringing the EA8 with me. The little EA4, on the other hand, will be an awesome compact searchlight :).

Last edited: