what are you giving for christmas?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
with chrismas just around the corner (did anybody else just realize it's november already?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif), i've been thinking about what i'm going to give everyone for christmas.
as a flashaholic, i think it's my duty to buy everyone flashlights, and i think i've got a pretty good idea what i'm getting for everyone, but not totally sure yet.

my list:

older brothers/brothers in law:
steve - streamlight 1l
don - streamlight 1l
kent - streamlight 1l

sister/sisters in law:
kristy - palighto onestar
larraine - palight onestar
betsy - palight onestar

nephews:
brandon - inova x1 green
t.j. - invova x1 green

niece:
sara - arc aaa rgb

uncles:
tom - not sure, needs to be small (edcable), and around $20
roger - not sure, needs to be small (edcable), and around $20

aunts:
kathy - not sure, needs to be small (edcable), and around $20
nadine - not sure, needs to be small (edcable), and around $20

parents:
mom - not sure. i'm mainly looking for a small (and cheap!) light for modding. must fit well in purse
dad - again, not sure. i'm mainly looking for a small (and cheap!) light for modding. i want something he can carry easily, because he's always going off without a flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

this is the first time i'm actually buying presents all around, and it's really a lot of work! i'm trying to keep everything around $20, but even then it might not happen. i'll probably end up downgrading some of the purchases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

so what lights do you plan on getting this christmas and for who?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Global Knife Sets x3 = for grandparents, uncles and aunts since they all love to cook.

I don't mind spending that much cash on them because their gift for my is usually just cash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My mom: George Foreman Grill
My dad: Possibly a BBQ ( kind of a gift for me too )
My sister: No idea!
Myself: A2 and maybe a Canon 10D + Lenses + extras if I really want to be in debt.

Friend that is a DJ: Infinity Ultra for finding records, instead of using his lighter
Mechanic Friends x3: No idea!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure for anyone except my Dad, he will be getting one of Wayne's Anglux flashlights (Modified GI Anglehead LED)

Over the years I've given him tons of really nice things that he never ever uses because it's too nice.

I may have to scuff this up across the payment a few times so he'll use it.

(Sorry Wayne, I will hate to have to mistreat a light of yours like that. But I think you'd rather have him actually use it and enjoy what I hear is a great light rather than have it sit in a drawer for years.)

GregR

P.S. I promise I won't mistreat the second one your making, it's gonna be mine!

CNC Dan

Enlightened
I'm going to give CNC-123s to my bosses, my friend/chiropractor, girl I like, and my friend.

I may have them inscribed or monogramed.

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
By the time that married woman I live with (Mrs. Santa Claus) lets go of whats left of the check book all I'll manage is five Harbor Freight 123 Xenons modded with BadBoy 400s, half a shoe box of $1.00 Key Chain lights for stocking stuffers and a couple of 2C glove box Mags modded for 2 x 123s and a small resistor.

A friend wants me to build a couple of "Atomic" WWVB mantle clocks for him using some of the 125 year old walnut we bought a while back.

H'mmm. Haven't decided what to do for myself, last year was a $99 green laser pointer. Speaking of last year, does anyone want a pair of (GAR-UN-TEED unused) Spiderman PJs???

Catapult

Enlightened
V8TOYTRUCK, a Canon 10D? It's going to be one fine Christmas for you! I can't cram that much money in my wallet, if I even have that kind of money!

I'm going to give the dollar keychain lights to most people.
A 6D Mag for a non-flashaholic friend who was dying for one.
Arc AAA for my mother.
Still deciding on the others.

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened
Well I have allready gave my dad his and he loves it.
I gave him a SL tasklight modded with a Luxeon III
in it. I have 5 more to mod and were sending them out to
my wifes family on the east coast. none of them had a working flashlight during the blackout this summer!

Tomas

Banned
Books, DVDs, a trip, and an iMac.
disco.gif

Simple stuff, but hopefully appreciated.

T_sig6.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i personally don't mind incandescants, but only in the high output/throw sense.
for the gifts, i'm trying to keep them led and cheap.

i've already revised my list a little bit, and hopefully this new one will work better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my haul so far for the family falshaholic items only.

1 Streamlight TT 3C
2 Streamlight TT 1 cell CR123's
1 Streamlight TT 2 cell CR123
1 ARC AAA RGB
2 ARC AAA Premuim's
2 Aladdin Genie III Lamps plus two 44oz bottles of The Ultra-Pure Lmap Oil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
1 Craftsman DMM

fa7e8bb1.jpg

I think I'm done but you know about that last minute gift thing that always pops up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened
I will be giving away the 9 extra Arc AAA's I bought earlier this year when the prices were lower to all my brothers, sisters, in-laws, and my 2 grown-up nephews. The youngest nephew gets a computer chess set, but I'm still working on his little sister's gift. That is the last gift for me to buy this year.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'm giving away about a gazillion of those Countycomm lights. Wireless indoor/outdoor thermometers for my married siblings (I was trying to strike a balance between a fun gadget and something practical). I gave my dad a battery for his digital camera and he's getting memory for it for christmas. I'm giving my sister a desktop charger for her cell phone (That's velcro-ed to her ear) for her birthday (Dec. 3) and an extra battery for XMas. I already got my mom a new alarm clock (I had to get it for her before she got it herself).

Everybody mentioned above gets one of the keychain lights, plus a bunch of other people that I'm not going to menion here.

edkern

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of getting my Dad a 4Sevens Quark AA^2 Tactical X5. I took a look at the new Quark "X" AA^2 Tactical, but the diminished battery life took it out of the running.

He loves emergency preparedness gear, and keeps an old (5+ years) 4D-cell Mag-lite in his truck. He doesn't need the bludgeoning abilities of the light, so I figure the AA^2 will be a more appropriate replacement, or maybe one he could keep in his work bag.