keychain light

7hns

Newly Enlightened
OK right now I have a 4sevens cr2 and love it but am having trouble getting passed not being able to use rcr batteries. I feel it is counterintuitive to not be able to have the edc light fully charged with me at all times. I've looked at the sens mini from nitecore which is a tad bigger but there are no protected cr2 cells so what is safe?

Arm and Leg

Banned
You can try using 3.2V RCR2 LiFePO4, since its voltage will fall to 3V under load, ensuring full compatibility. The drawbacks are that they will have a bit less capacity, not to mention the fact that there is no protected LiFePO4 RCR2 available, meaning that you have the risk of damaging the cells since the Quark doesn't have low-voltage cut-off.
Otherwise, a good alternative would be a JetBeam BC/PC10.

Last edited:

ThrowerLover

Newly Enlightened
I've been running my Mini CR2 on a rechargeable for a month or more. It bumped up the brightness noticeably, even on medium. I know 4sevens says not to use them, but several members here do. Unless you need to run it on high for more than 45-60 seconds, it is not a problem. I use mine frequently and the charge has lasted a long time; however, from what I've learned on CPF, it's probably a good idea to charge it sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So, yeah, I'm pretty much all that.

7hns

Newly Enlightened
What batteries exactly?

I've been running my Mini CR2 on a rechargeable for a month or more. It bumped up the brightness noticeably, even on medium. I know 4sevens says not to use them, but several members here do. Unless you need to run it on high for more than 45-60 seconds, it is not a problem. I use mine frequently and the charge has lasted a long time; however, from what I've learned on CPF, it's probably a good idea to charge it sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So, yeah, I'm pretty much all that.