EC25 Battery Options

sterling1989

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to add an EC25 to my collection and have some questions for owners or those in the know.

Can I use flat top 18650's with this light? I do pack pulls all the time as I have extensive access to laptop batteries. I would want to be able to use these.

Can I use 3.7v rcr123a batteries? The EC25 manual says yes but it is not listed as "recommended" as the other 2 battery types are. I don't want to significantly shorten the life of the emitter but I do want to use my rechargeable 123's.

kmorar556

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to add an EC25 to my collection and have some questions for owners or those in the know.

Can I use flat top 18650's with this light? I do pack pulls all the time as I have extensive access to laptop batteries. I would want to be able to use these.

Can I use 3.7v rcr123a batteries? The EC25 manual says yes but it is not listed as "recommended" as the other 2 battery types are. I don't want to significantly shorten the life of the emitter but I do want to use my rechargeable 123's.

I have the P25 and you have to use button top 18650 or put a button on top of the cell (like a small magnet), and I believe you have to use a button top on the EC25. But what I came here to tell you is I pulled 18650 from laptop batteries and found out that they might not be protected,so be careful...