LED SST-90 will no longer get bright. Maybe 10 Lumens

Tippy61

Newly Enlightened
I have a Trustfire SST-90 that stays dimly lit through all modes of the flashlight. It uses 3 Trust ire 18650 batteries that are likely over rated at 3600ma. I fully charged the batteries after using that light, and had it sitting here in my room a few weeks. I picked it it up to use it and the LED was slightly brighter than a glow. I recharged all batteries and it didn't make a difference. If anyone has had the same problem or can tell me what to do, please let me know,
Sincerely, TippyA

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's run through some basics.

1. Does each battery work? How are you testing that? I suggest another high-power flashlight or some other test under load.

2. Does the switch work well? If it's a tailcap clicky you may have a damaged rear switch. Bypass it carefully.

3. Do the LEDs work? Does the driver work? Without knowing the specifics of the light and your technical knowledge it's hard to give good advice for checking these things.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
My money is on the batteries. Do you check their voltage with a multimeter? What charger do you have?

I think it has a tailcap clicky switch? Look inside tailcap and try and tighten the switch if you can. It may have a ring with some indents in there, tighten the ring using say some needle nosed pliers.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Considering the light, my money is on the circuit or the LED. I've seen several lights die this way when I over-drove them with voltage. The LED would only produce a few lumens. Hopefully though, I'm completely wrong and the mystery would be solved by installing a new batch of quality batteries, that aren't made by Trust-fire.