Need help identifying tiny light, and battery requirements.

Neill_Currie

Newly Enlightened
In a bin of TSA confiscated knives I found this small light today. I can't tell the brand or model (there are absolutely no markings on it), but I am especially interested in the batteries required to power it. It came empty, so I have no clues.
It's made of plated steel, or possibly stainless steel, uses a single 3mm LED with no reflector or glass, has a single tiny O-ring to seal the head to the body, it's 41mm long (when assembled), by 10mm diameter.
Pics are located here.
http://blogericious.blogspot.com/2013/03/tiny-flashlight.html
Please excuse the blurry iPod Touch photo's.
Again, I am most interested in the type and number of batteries needed.
Many thanks in advance.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does look like an inexpensive light. Maybe... AAA? It's hard to tell. It could also use button batteries like LR44. It might take an N battery. Just guessing. Measure the size of the actual battery compartment and look around a store. You'll find something! Seems strange TSA would be confiscating this thing!

Arm and Leg

Banned
It does look like an inexpensive light. Maybe... AAA? It's hard to tell. It could also use button batteries like LR44. It might take an N battery. Just guessing. Measure the size of the actual battery compartment and look around a store. You'll find something! Seems strange TSA would be confiscating this thing!
It is most definitely a button cell.

archimedes

Flashaholic
That indeed would seem to be an odd size, if your measurements are accurate (and represent OD x OAL of 10 x 41).

AAA is (approx) 10 x 44, N is roughly 12 x 30, 10280 is (of course) 10 x 28, even LR44/SR44 is about 11.5 x 5.25, all in mm ....

Last edited:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
the visible characteristics match the typical eGear light or some of the laser pointer devices. For example, the eGear LED Pico Lite or the Streamlight Nano Light - both use 4x LR41 Alkaline cells. An alternative cell with higher mah is the SR41SW or otherwise known as the Eveready 392 Silver Oxide cells.

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
Literally just opened my mailbox with this keychain:
qBjOHY2.jpg

The 3 button cells are in a piece of unshrunk shrink-wrap tubing with the (-) ends towards the head.

archimedes

Flashaholic
LR41 are about 8mm diameter, so that may be possible ... still seems a bit longer than a typical PicoLite or NanoLite (maybe 35mm?), though :thinking:

Last edited:

neillcurrie

Newly Enlightened
qBjOHY2.jpg

The 3 button cells are in a piece of unshrunk shrink-wrap tubing with the (-) ends towards the head.

Can you pop one of the cells out and tell me the battery number/type on it please??

neillcurrie

Newly Enlightened
the visible characteristics match the typical eGear light or some of the laser pointer devices. For example, the eGear LED Pico Lite or the Streamlight Nano Light - both use 4x LR41 Alkaline cells. An alternative cell with higher mah is the SR41SW or otherwise known as the Eveready 392 Silver Oxide cells.

I tried the cells from a pico e-Gear, they fit the diameter, now I just have to find a replacement for the tiny spring shown in the pic below.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
qBjOHY2.jpg

That tool looks like a swiss tech multi 8 in 1. You'll need 4 AG3 (LR41) batteries for them.