Better than Scorpion?

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello I am new to the forum, but I must not be the only "flashaholic" around. <G>

So I thought I would say Hi, and ask you guys. I have 2 SF Scorpions, 1 Night Fghter (both are about equal), and I have a ttl2, as a carry along (I think it is the best all purpose light I have found). But I am looking for something a bit more.

1.Which light in this size or a 3L has the best light with the furthest punch?

2.Is there any known rechargeable that will fit my needs?

3.Does anyone know where to find colored lens? {Preferably in pyrex or similiar material to avoid melting)

I work security, and I carry the Scorpion, and NF tl2, as a pocket light. I have been impressed with them, and found them to be the best dollar for dollar, but need something that will reach out further.

I have looked at reviews, and charts till I am almost a stat myself.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need help, suggestions, input.

Bravo25-

If your looking for something that has to be pocket size that might be tough.

For something a little longer. I know alot of people here speak highly of the more powerful Streamlight HP Stinger models it is around 8" long and rechargeable.

Maybe some one here can comment on the Streamlight TL-3's beam. This is a 3 - 123 cell light.

GregR

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum.

My first real light was a Streamlight Scorpion, I just got it back yesterday from Streamlight for repairs. They replaced the whole head assembly free of charge. I still hate the rubber sleeve though. I use this light for back-up in my campus security job.

From what I have read without spending lots of money, Double_A said it, SL TL-3 Xenon.

Colored lens? I know mag-lite makes some, for glass lenses, www.flashlightlens.com is a nice source.

Jason

PS. I used to EDC a Scorpion, now its for on duty work, off duty I carry a Surefire E2e.

Whats the you're work policy on pepper spray? www.tigerlight.net I bought the 8 inch non OC model. this light is rechargable, bright as heck, and solid. I love it.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast

Work is hadcuffs, and 3 cell falshlight only. No spray batons, or other weapons. I havea Streamlight 3d that I keep in the car, but not on me. Need a "good" pocket light.
What am I saying I gotta have the best pokect light!!!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe you could change the bulb in the SL TT L2 to something brighter?

Well, I hate to say this (I really do) but if you can afford it the Surefire A-2 offers a brighter tighter focused main beam while still functioning fairly thiftily on the 3 leds most of the time. Might be the best multi purpose 123 batt light out there...over looking price. There...I said it! Now excuse me...going to go wash my mouth out with soap...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast

A surefire 9P might be a good choice. It's pocketable, over 200 lumens with the HOLA, and can do double duty as a makeshift kubaton if needed.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Badbeams said:
Maybe you could change the bulb in the SL TT L2 to something brighter?

Well, I hate to say this (I really do) but if you can afford it the Surefire A-2 offers a brighter tighter focused main beam while still functioning fairly thiftily on the 3 leds most of the time. Might be the best multi purpose 123 batt light out there...over looking price. There...I said it! Now excuse me...going to go wash my mouth out with soap...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is Surefire a bad word here, or what's the deal?

snuffy

Enlightened

Surefire isn't a bad word. It's just that some of their lights tend to be a bit expensive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif