All time favorite tactical flashlight

Cheeze1617

Newly Enlightened
Lets hear your favorite tactical flashlight and if it's not to much trouble lets see some pictures!!!

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
That would depend on the tactics being employed. What kind of scenarios are we talking?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my malkoff md-2 with high/lo ring. Once upon a time it was considered a "tactical" light with constant output and a nice and long forward switch.
I guess most pepole need 800 lumens, multimode, and strobe in a agressive looking light to be considered "tacticool" theese days :)

Cheeze1617

Newly Enlightened
Tactical I the form of high stress light, it's simple on and off,if there are other features they are kept out of the way by twisting head.

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
Surefire L1, L2, and EB1 Tac. All three are partial press for low, full press for high. The ElZetta tight high / slightly loosen low forward click tailcap is great, and I finally have one on the way. The ThruNite Scorpion with rotary selector ring on the tail, and forward push tail switch has been very nice for the short period I've had one. I also like the ArmyTek Viking series from my initial use of the Viking S. If I buy another ArmyTek it will be the Predator for the programmable low setting.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I wore a badge for 17 years, and while working the Surefire 6P was my favorite, There were not LED drop-ins at that time so it was the standard incan model. The 6P would sometimes cost me $20 a week in batteries untill I started buying in bulk. When they first came out the dept issued MagLite Re-Chargables and did not re-emburse for 123a's if that is and indication of how much I liked that light. Before the LED revolution the output and quality of light that you could get from that little flashlight really startled people. I had the first one in my Dept, and it went through the hands of everyone who saw it, half or more ordered one for themselvs.

If I were working now I would have my Quark X Tactical 123^2 Neurtal with rechargables. (the UI of the Quark Tactical really suits me well) Or a bored Surefire running 18650s and a LED drop in.

Last edited:

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
That would have to be the LX2 and the now vaporware LX2U. My L2 I consider to be a utility EDC light. The EB1 would be a contender in that I use it for a backup to my LX2.

Xacto

Enlightened
Surefire Z2 with some sort of LED dropin and the Z41 tailcap.
Surefire 6P with some sort of LED dropin and the Z41 tailcap.
Thrunite Scorpion

Cheers
Thorsten

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bone stock 6P with Malkoff M61.

I don't use the cigar technique, but I can see those who do would love the Z2.