EagleTac Build Quality

Quasar77

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a D25C Clicky XM-L U2 and have a few thoughts on it. Things I really like: size, output spacing, ability to turn off/on memory and sub lumen mode, clip placement allows for deep pocket carry and is screwed on. The one thing that would give me hesitation on buying another EagleTac though, is build quality concerns. The tube walls are very thin and the threading is rough on mine. Where do you guys stand on their build quality? Maybe I shouldn't judge the whole company by one model, but it does leave an impression.

Cheers :)

koala3

Newly Enlightened
I have the same one with a T6 and looking to buy another EagleTac. My threads are smooth and the thin walls are a non issue for me since I don't normally drop things or use my light as a hammer.
Try cleaning your threads with some rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth then re-lubing.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a bunch, like them all. The D series is meant to be light and simple. Durable enough for its design. Unless you have the Ti version, which can be a bit gritty, the threads on mine have been fine. The other models are also much heavier.

Quasar77

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies koala3 and Vortus. Tried cleaning the threads, but seems to be a burring type problem...don't think they machined them cleanly. Glad your lights turn smoothly, I may have got the odd one. The thin walls do make it lighter and decrease the diameter some. It just doesn't inspire confidence durability wise. Overall, I'm happy with the light. Good to know their other models are built heavier, Vortus.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies koala3 and Vortus. Tried cleaning the threads, but seems to be a burring type problem...don't think they machined them cleanly. Glad your lights turn smoothly, I may have got the odd one. The thin walls do make it lighter and decrease the diameter some. It just doesn't inspire confidence durability wise. Overall, I'm happy with the light. Good to know their other models are built heavier, Vortus.

Simply return it telling the supplier your light is not of merchantable quality and you require a replacement or a refund,it is as simple as that.Like with anything new you should not need to try anything to improve it and you should expect it to be good straight out of the box.

Last edited:

Quasar77

Newly Enlightened
Simply return it telling the supplier your light is not of merchantable quality and you require a replacement or a refund,it is as simple as that.Like with anything new you should not need to try anything to improve it and you should expect it to be good straight out of the box.

I agree with you in general, mcnair55...thanks for chiming in. In this case however, it's not that bad. I gave it a more thorough cleaning and lube, then exercised the head numerous times and it's better. Guess I'm used to my other lights with bigger and smoother square cut threads.

loquutis79

Enlightened
I have 3 from the D series and love them all. Yes they are a bit thin walled, but I am sure this is the intent. Eagletac wanted to put out a very lightweight and compact EDC and the did it very well. Build quality in my opinion is great. Right up there with my other lights.

neksium

Newly Enlightened
Very good company, i have the d25lc2 and it is very well made.

I will buy for sure some other lights from eagletac.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
The threads are very rough on my light also. Try cleaning the threads and applying a bit of grease. Helped a TON. Mine are pretty smooth now.

Quasar77

Newly Enlightened
Thanks PANGES.....yes, I found a good cleaning and lube did help quite a bit.