Can only get one of these two lights.

Danegre

Newly Enlightened
So I can only have one of the following lights. There is not exception. It's either one or the other (personal preferences).

Stream light Stinger DS HP LED 350 Lumen

Or

Fenix TK22

These lights would be used for both personal and work.

Streamlight, it's a bit bigger, but it's a stream light. I would be buying it with a spare battery. Price is a bit up there.

TK22- smaller, brighter, lasts longer, cheaper. I would be buying the "
Tenergy 18650 Charger w/ TWO Tenergy 18650 Rechargeable Batteries" from here http://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=460&products_id=2880 along with the light.

My worry is this, which light is more dependable and will last the longest? Years hopefully.

Also with the TK 22 I would be using the rechargeable Li-ion, are they really that dangerous to charge?

Last edited:

Danegre

Newly Enlightened
If you are paying for the light, why are you limiting your choices to just these 2?

Because I have been trying to get a new light since last summer, I just never bought one. Now I keep coming back to these two lights. I have a few friends that have the streamlight, and one that has the fenix, but it I guess it's an older model because it doesn't accept the 18650 . They both appear to be good lights. So I am just asking for an opinion between the two. Like I said, I keep coming back to these two lights even though I have looked at many others.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
I hear way less about problems with Streamlight than Fenix lights.

I'd go with Streamlight if that is what you want.

Personally, I'd rather have a $108 Surefire dual mode Fury. It's way smaller, brighter on high mode, and the low mode lasts almost 50 hours on a set of batteries. Can't use a 18650, but mine works well with a pair of LIFEPO4 CR123.

JCD

Enlightened
I have a Streamlight and I have a Fenix (also had a second Fenix). The Steamlight is better built. For dependability and durability, I'd go with the Streamlight.

Danegre

Newly Enlightened
So you think the Streamlight would outlast the Fenix?

I've had a Fenix E21 that's a few years ago, it's still going good. So I am just curious to how well the TK22 would last compared to the stinger.

Last edited:

Shooter21

Enlightened
So you think the Streamlight would outlast the Fenix? I've had a Fenix E21 that's a few years ago, it's still going good. So I am just curious to how well the TK22 would last compared to the stinger.
Either one could fail on you at any point that's why no matter what lights i carry i always have backups.

Danegre

Newly Enlightened
True true, but I am looking for a track record. I just don't want to spend $100+ on a light and need to replace it next year.

I know the stinger has been out for awhile and there hasn't been too many complaints that I can find, and the TK 22 is still fairly new isnt it?

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
True true, but I am looking for a track record. I just don't want to spend $100+ on a light and need to replace it next year.
For the same money, get a Malkoff M61 direct from Malkoff Devices for $55, and a new Surefire 6P classic ($62 online) if you're okay with running a pair of CR123 cells only. If you want to be able to run a single 18650 or a pair of CR123 get the same M61 and an 18mm bored 6P host from Oveready for a little more money. A Malkoff M series in a hard anodized aluminum Surefire body is about as tough as you're going to get.

MatthewSB

Enlightened

Then definately get the Streamlight.

Forget about specific models, look at the track record of the brand. This forum, and many others, is full of posts about "I dropped my Chinese light and it won't work now and the company told me to mail it to Tahiti for repair which costs more than the light itself did". You won't find similar posts about Streamlight or Surefire, which are durable hard use lights backed up with great warranty and customer service.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix has the occasional dud, but otherwise makes excellent lights. good warranty

streamlight doesn't always have there emitters centered, so buy locally and hand pick it in the store. Great warranty

Last edited: