Wuben        
Page 1 of 31 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: TNT TripLED Surefire E-series incan bezel mod service

Cool TNT TripLED Surefire E-series incan bezel mod service

Converting E-series incan bezels into Triple-LED (Triple-Nichia219 or Triple-XPG2) pocket-rockets !!!

I prefer email contact so please use email listed at the end of this post...

This thread is SERVICE ONLY so it requires interested individuals to ship their beloved bezel (not the whole E1E/E2E,etc) to my home address, then I machine it, machine some more, add Triple-LED star per choice, driver per choice, put all together into a small, tough and powerful little package...

I'm located in Bosnia & Herzegovina but I'm shipping Registered/Priority International Airmail from Croatia (Croatian postal service) with tracking number... The whole process of converting is about 2-3 weeks, depending on length of waiting list... Packages are mailed in waves, the same 2-3 weeks mentioned...

TripLED: Costs between $200 and $280, depending on heads used (incan, KX1, KE1, etc), LEDs used, driver used, bore to 18350 or not to body, McClicky upgrade, GITD, etc... email with more specific desires for proper price...

QuadLED:
    Costs between $220 and $300, depending on options... Mod fits KE1 heads properly... email with more specific desires for proper price...

THIS IS NOT MY PAYPAL ADDRESS !!! PAYPAL THRU PM FOR INTERESTED PARTIES !!! Thanks...

Last edited by Tana; 04-26-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Default Re: TNT Triple-219 or Triple-XPG2 E-series bezel modding service...

Beamshots:

Few of members expressed the concern about beamshot on the white wall of XPG2... My description in the first post might be a little scary but it's not that bad...

The beamshot that I took with my TripLED XPG2 R5 3D:

JUNE 20th, 2016

Adding boring of E1E/E1L bodies to AW IMR 18350 cell as an extra when doing a TripLED mod...

Last edited by Tana; 06-20-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Tarik, this is great you are doing this. You are offering an invaluable service to the CPF community
    I'm Ryan.

*Flashaholic*

Can this mod be performed on the old E-series bezels, like the clipped teardrop incan or the ribbed KL1 LED bezel?

PM sent

*Flashaholic*

I think BH has a different bedtime than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by KuanR View Post
    Tarik, this is great you are doing this. You are offering an invaluable service to the CPF community
    Thanks Kuan... when you think of it, you bought one of two prototypes that I made... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Can this mod be performed on the old E-series bezels, like the clipped teardrop incan or the ribbed KL1 LED bezel?

Honestly... I have NO IDEA... I've been flashoholic for about 3 years but only lately got turned into E-series fan (was P/C/Z before) so my stock of older goodies from Surefire is rather limited... Only newer heads in my collection (E incan with hex, E1B, E2DL, LX2, KL4 and such)... I'll check google-fu for these bezels and see how they look (or if anyone had done any mod to them)...

P.S.
    I'm 8 hours ahead of California, 6 hours ahead of Texas (I'm in GMT+1 zone)... plus I go to bed early trying to follow daylight...

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    PM sent
    PM replied... all the best from Bosnia...

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post

OK, I looked around and KL1 first gen is nowhere ideal for Triple-LED installation as it has enough length for a single LED setup (either with some custom reflector or maybe a new optics)... don't know internals so would not go further about that one...

As for teardrop design, appears that whole setup is accessed from the back, right? In that case it's impossible to insert a pill thru threaded area that will rest against flat surface behind it to ensure proper heat transfer... plus that thing is so rare now that it would break my heart to do anything on it... The best thing would be to install E-series tower module (will try to make that as well in next few months) and leave as it is... it's just beautiful the way it looks...

What I discovered is KL4 mod that includes getting rid of stock LED and driver (old, new, doesn't matter), then mill holders behind reflector and make custom heatsink that gets glued to slightly modded inner part... Nichia 219 worked like a charm with this setup and but combining XPG2 with some low voltage driver that gets in DD when on Li-Ion would be awesome, pulling around 2A from IMR cell, with wide spill and tight hotspot... I'm actually looking for affordable KL4 in black to do one for myself...

This is very very cool I'm sure I going to be using your services pretty soon once I decide which heads to ship out. I already have one of this triple mods that I bought from another member. Pretty exiting stuff and the E1E is perfect to EDC with one of this mods.
    Any plan on making an XML tower/mod? I bought an E1E with that mod and it was freaking awesome. The trow was pretty good and it might be easier to upgrade in the future. The member that made is no long active here I think but I think that there is some demand for that mod.
    Can you do this mod on a E1D? I have two of them and I would love to have one of them moded with a tripple LED.

Quote Originally Posted by LightJaguar View Post
    This is very very cool I'm sure I going to be using your services pretty soon once I decide which heads to ship out. I already have one of this triple mods that I bought from another member. Pretty exiting stuff and the E1E is perfect to EDC with one of this mods.
    Any plan on making an XML tower/mod? I bought an E1E with that mod and it was freaking awesome. The trow was pretty good and it might be easier to upgrade in the future. The member that made is no long active here I think but I think that there is some demand for that mod.
    Can you do this mod on a E1D? I have two of them and I would love to have one of them moded with a tripple LED.
    E1D as in E1E body/tail with E2D bezel? If yes, then of course... the bezels are the same, the only difference is bezel ring which is crenelated instead of scalloped... now, that said, I do NOT know how the crenelations affect the output beam as I don't have E2D bezel (I was dumb enough to sell it more than a year ago)... but, since I don't use threadlocker (only tiny o-ring) between bezel and ring, it can be replaced with scalloped version whenever one find desirable...

The E-tower single module depends on few things that I'm trying to resolve but it's not going to be soon... when you see me offering my Kuku low voltage e-tower and Norcimbus e-tower on CPFMP, that will be a guaranteed way to be sure that I've replaced them with my own versions... one Nichia219, one XPG2...

Would this mod be possible on an E1L head?

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    Everything is possible but no point... a new heatsink would have to be installed and there would be a lot of metal in the head for no reason... E1L heads have enough room for skilled modder to install 20mm reflector with new LED or with new single 20mm optics that's compatible with XPG/Nichia219...

The beauty of turning the incan bezel into TripleXPG2/Nichia219 is the tiny size... it's so tiny and so powerful... My most cutest setup I ever made was E-Triple219 mounted on VitalGear FB1 body (lowest on the pic)... My perfect EDC, runs on primary and li-ion battery... the one on top is E-TripleXPG2 on FiveMega E18650 body - for 900 OTF - enough to impress anyone... Now I'm the process of getting Malkoff MDC CR123 which will be more reliable and tougher setup (and able to accept head that runs on 3 amps which FB1 switch cannot stand in original state)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    Actually, when I thought about it... it is possible and it could turn into a decent mod... aluminum heatsink could be used to save weight from front side of the middle part (where old XRE is) and a brass part in the back to hold a driver in the rear... I should definitely try this, just for fun...

Flashaholic*

is that little twisty tnt for sale...Robert

Quote Originally Posted by blackbalsam View Post
    is that little twisty tnt for sale...Robert
    Sorry, but no... This is a pic for reference only...
    I'm a collector before modder and there are plenty of stuff that I need to keep for myself...

However, the head for little twisty would need to be made with driver flat from the backside, flush with neg contact edges of the pill to prevent crushing of the battery in such a tiny host... I am yet to find a single mode boost driver that could run for 10-12hrs to make a perfect little candle (instead of 3-mode twisty)...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    Sorry, but no... This is a pic for reference only...
    I'm a collector before modder and there are plenty of stuff that I need to keep for myself...

However, the head for little twisty would need to be made with driver flat from the backside, flush with neg contact edges of the pill to prevent crushing of the battery in such a tiny host... I am yet to find a single mode boost driver that could run for 10-12hrs to make a perfect little candle (instead of 3-mode twisty)...
    Thanks Tana, those are some great looking mods...Robert

Flashaholic*

Tana, great work! I just happen to have a spare E-series bezel waiting for a project...

One question and I do apologize as I'm sure that you have probably made a decision already have the drivers you have but... is there any option to have memory for the 3 x Nichia219-B10 LOW VOLTAGE 0.8-4.2V boost driver, 3-mode (H-M-L) version?
    Looking for: jhanko 'biohazard' V10R Ti clip, Luce de Notte (SS / Ti), SF Z2 (body, complete light, bored, unbored). Pls PM me with an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by RGB_LED View Post
    Tana, great work! I just happen to have a spare E-series bezel waiting for a project...

One question and I do apologize as I'm sure that you have probably made a decision already have the drivers you have but... is there any option to have memory for the 3 x Nichia219-B10 LOW VOLTAGE 0.8-4.2V boost driver, 3-mode (H-M-L) version?
    Oh, forgot to mention, low voltage driver has the memory... I need to update first post... The memory is activated if light is OFF for more than 2 seconds so basically if you click off then on in less than 2 seconds, it goes to next mode...

I'm currently sourcing another low voltage driver that will have L-M-H option instead of H-M-L... these drivers are from reputable companies and I cannot change modes, they are how they are... both of them are a great drivers, IMHO...

But for a custom builds like this, PM me if special wish is in your head, I'll try to figure out if there is a reliable driver that can be packed in such a small package to meet your needs...
    Last edited by Tana; 03-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Flashaholic

This is some good old fashioned over the top customer service. I might have to find another e2e.

Hats off Tana.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabible View Post
    This is some good old fashioned over the top customer service. I might have to find another e2e.

Hats off Tana.
    Thanks... ever since I saw first one modded with XPG LEDs here on CPF two years ago, I knew I wanted to make these, they make a great little punch package... so many talented modders did these and they are all unique in their own way...

I love E-series... too bad they turned down incan E series production... they could have left at least E1E or E2E to exist, kind of like 6P is still alive...

Another interesting thing I'm doing right now is E-series single LED module... different people called these differently, I will call mine SingLED (on pair with TripLED)...
    But I found a new solution to prevent battery crushing, that some people had with some of these modules before...

Hi tana,

Ive been thinking about sending one of my 2 e series Incan heads over for modification. The switch has been my sticking point so far as I have an e1l outdoorsman which I love and the others are all twistys.

Can you convert one if these?

Or

I have a very original vg twisty 1 cell body, will this cope with high amp applications? This would make a real small cute power house !,

Chris
    Last edited by wasteoid; 03-29-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Well, to my understanding (I did not try this myself) McClicky switch itself was designed by McGizmo to fit genuine twisty E-series tailcaps... I don't have any twisties (it's on my wanted list)... so unmodified McClicky installed in one twisty tailcap will do it for you, no thread cutting in that case...

As for other body, vg twisty 1-cell body, you mean VitalGear twisty ??? I have VitalGear bodies/hosts but I'm not sure which one you're refferring to... If you could post a pic of it, just for my curiosity... Either way, if it's twisty, there is a huge possibility that it will handle 3A w/o modifications (it may have a little higher resistance at that amperage but would not fail)... however, controling multimode light with twisty can sometimes be a PITA but not a big deal in general...

This is what I'm EDCing at the moment... VG-FB1-BK body... running from primary CR123, no issues at all (low voltage driver)... I even ran it on IMR 16340 (about 2A pull at tailcap) and switch didn't burn... I wouldn't push for it as VG-FB1 switch is rated at 1.2A, iirc... In case of linear 3A driver, the switch would have to be replaced with one that can be bought from DX (there is a thread explaining procedure step-by-step somewhere on CPF)...

Hi tana, this is the body i am referring to.

I bought it with a kl1 head some time ago on eBay I think. The guy said it was a vital gear body - looks like it to me.

This is the same body alongside my clicky vg1

It is a neat little package.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by wasteoid View Post
    Hi tana, this is the body i am referring to.

I bought it with a kl1 head some time ago on eBay I think. The guy said it was a vital gear body - looks like it to me.

This is the same body alongside my clicky vg1

It is a neat little package.

Chris
    Cute little buggers, there... rare, for sure...

If there was no issues for that little twisty to work with KL1 head, there would probably be no issues with TripLED with KDv2 driver - from amp draw and battery crushing point of view... Low voltage driver, which implements a contact ring, would fit both of those bodies for sure... and keep amp draw on safe side to preserve clicky in that FB1-OD... KDv2 driver has a "contact spring" but it's like 0.5mm movements within, so it's relying on spring in the tail to keep battery in good contact for continuous reliable operation... works like a charm with either stock Surefire switches or even better with McClicky... but always has a chance of contact issues/battery crushing with after-market bodies...

E2O-AA TripLED clone... wish Cubebike had more of these to offer, especially in black HA...

I've just recived my SF E1B modded by Tana: first class work! It's a perfect beam nice tint (5000K). A very little poket rocket!
    Thanks again Tana

Quote Originally Posted by stepep View Post
    I've just recived my SF E1B modded by Tana: first class work! It's a perfect beam nice tint (5000K). A very little poket rocket!
    Thanks again Tana

I received my 0.8-4.2 triple. For everyone here, talk about a quality mod!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 31 1234567811 ... LastLast