TerraLUX = Klarus

Erik1213

Enlightened
I had a chance to see some interesting things from TerraLUX over the past couple of days. Something that caught my eye were several lights that looked EXACTLY like Klarus lights. So far the only lights they have listed on their site that are the Klarus models are the TT 1-5 models. However, he had some models that are not listed on their site. Sadly, I didn't get to take any pictures of the lights. Several of the models had the magnetic USB recharging port on the tail. Many had dual switches. There was one that caught my eye (not listed on a Klarus or TerraLUX page). The light was the size of a 5D Mag, had dual switches and the magnetic charge port on the tail. I don't see anything like that from Klarus. When I questioned the presenter about the similarities, he paused for a second and told me that they worked together to develop the new lights.

I think there may be some interesting things coming out with the TerraLUX name on them very soon.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange though that two companies will be selling pretty much the same lights on the same market!

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2

Erik1213

Enlightened
That's what I also found odd. Especially since one of the lights that I really wanted to purchase from him was an exact replica of the Klarus XT10. The anodization was the same color and it even had the really nice "push it any direction" tail switch to turn on the light. Even the interface was the exact same (light on, mode switch changes brightness, light off mode switch goes instantly to strobe). The claim was that TerraLUX was able to get more brightness and longer runtime out of the lights than Klarus could manage. I don't know if I believe such a claim.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked their website the Terralux and it says their equivalents of the XT1A, XT2A, and XT1C have a XP-G generation 2 LED so those lights might be slightly more efficient than the original Klarus counterparts.
The XT2C and XT11 knock-offs seem to have an XM-L so I assume it's the U2 - unless they changed the driver I doubt too they could be more efficient. The only thing they seem to have changed is the design of the cooling fins and... the prices! : )
Hopefully it's not the dawn of another Nitecore/JetBeam-style flashlight drama...