Nano Oil Help

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi there,

I have a Prometheus alpha 'ready made', and when it comes time to lube the threads and O rings, I already have a tube of some SERVISOL SILICONE GREASE, but looking at the NANO OIL that Jason recommends.

should I go for that NANO OIL?.

anything else to use?.

thanks.

__philippe

Enlightened
Flashlights Lubricants I like :

1 - SuperLube PTFE synthetic grease lubricant mfr by SYNCo; the 12gm tube will last you a lifetime.
2 - SuperLube PTFE synthetic OIL lubricant mfr by SYNCo; the 7 ml (0.25 Fl oz) pocket precision oiler applicator will also last a long-time
3 - Nano-oil Micro Oiler with Stainless Needle Applicator; 7ml pocket applicator; 3 grades to choose from; see details here:

http://www.nanolube.com/CPF.html

34954pg.jpg
eiroz4.jpg

Cheers,

__philippe

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thread above is good. I use Nyogel and the nano oil (not at the same time, of course). I've used the Nyogel for a long time and am happy with it. I haven't used the nano oil that long and I don't have enough experience to compare them.

fyrstormer

Banned
You can lubricate nickel-plated aluminum with pretty much anything you want. The nickel-plating is extremely wear-resistant and doesn't have any special requirements. The only possible concern is the fluorosilicone O-rings -- they might not respond well to any teflon- or silicone-based lubes.

I have one of each of the three oil-weights offered by Nano-Oil -- 5wt, 10wt, and 85wt. Not all of my flashlights can use them, but for the ones that can, I find the ability to adjust the weight of the thread lube handy, so I can get the threads to feel exactly the way I want.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for that frystormer.
appreciated.
i have some servisol silicone stuff but want the best for these threads, and less messy, so moved over to nano oil.
thanks.

You can lubricate nickel-plated aluminum with pretty much anything you want. The nickel-plating is extremely wear-resistant and doesn't have any special requirements. The only possible concern is the fluorosilicone O-rings -- they might not respond well to any teflon- or silicone-based lubes.

I have one of each of the three oil-weights offered by Nano-Oil -- 5wt, 10wt, and 85wt. Not all of my flashlights can use them, but for the ones that can, I find the ability to adjust the weight of the thread lube handy, so I can get the threads to feel exactly the way I want.

fyrstormer

Banned
Silicone is mostly useful for non-metal parts. Thick silicone grease can provide acceptable protection on flashlight threads because they don't have to support much load, but lubricant designed for metal is still better. The Nano Oil should work very well. If you want a heavily-lubricated feel, the 85wt oil should work nicely -- it is the thickness of honey.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, wow weight of honey thickness!,..crazy, lol.
i got 10w.
thanks.

Silicone is mostly useful for non-metal parts. Thick silicone grease can provide acceptable protection on flashlight threads because they don't have to support much load, but lubricant designed for metal is still better. The Nano Oil should work very well. If you want a heavily-lubricated feel, the 85wt oil should work nicely -- it is the thickness of honey.