LEDxtreme - anyone seen or tried these?

lak

Newly Enlightened
I am not aware of any reviews or discussion on these flashlights; and the web site made some bold claims:

LEDxteme flashlights

eagleeye2.gif

"Predator"/"Eagle-Eye": 3W, 120 lumens! 100' waterproof
They claim: "Brightest LED Flashlight in the World"

blizter2pic.jpg

"Blitzer": 1W, 55 lumens, collimating optics, 12 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif + 20 hours usable lights!!
They claim: "2nd Brightest LED Flashlight in the World"

lx5a.jpg

"LX-5": 5 LEDs, 55,000mcd, 20hrs + 50hrs usable light.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
the Blitzer looks like those thingies modded by BrBulk for the NexNeedles ...
looking forward to some reviews ...
bernhard

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
rotflmao! imposible! the `1watt ls is not able to give that output. lemme fix it to make it true:
"Blitzer": 1W, 12 lumens max, collimating optics (duh), 4 hours + lots of hours of usable but not acceptable light!!
"Just as bright as any other setup like this - there are plenty of them- its certainly not the 2nd brightest though!"

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeese Aragorn, let`s try to be a little less honest and put the fun back into speculating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don`t have one but it might be an extreemly narrow beam.

I`m sure they would never claim to be the "brightest" if that were not true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

herecomestrouble

Newly Enlightened
hey aragorn i was a little sceptacle aswell so i purchased one of these light the eagle eye from brite-lite.com last week and tested it for myslf and there was approximately 80 lumens of output from this particular one so just wondering where u come up with 12 lumens and being an electronic engineer watts is a result of current and voltage so it is totally possible to get greater wattage output from a rated 1 watt led if u can keep it cool and stable the 5 watt is just 4 1 watt led dies combined with 2 in series and a larger heat sink, so the claim of 3 watts output seems to have merit if it is pushing out 80 lumens and by the way a typical 1 wat generates approx 18 to 40 lumens

B

benny

I bought one of the Predator flashlights from Ledxtreme.
The flashlight is a 1 watt.It is what they say as far as being bright. My streamlights and surefire led flashlights do not compare as to the brightness. Very White bright light compared to the others. 2 thumbs up!!!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I smell something fishy...

I asked "herecomestrouble" a question over in this thread, and I think "benny" may also be part of this too. Check out both of their registration dates, and look at all of their posts so far. They all point to the same website(s)... All positively endorse these lights... Same kind of grammar in their postings... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Anyone else see what I am getting at?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the "predator"'s claims are a pile of bullpoop.

any companany that so blatantly lies should be lynched /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

the blitzer and lx-5 claims seem to be at least somewhat possible (though very improbable), aside from the runtime claims (which are grossly overated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

as for "brightest 1w led flashlight in the world"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
I smell something fishy...

I asked "herecomestrouble" a question over in this thread, and I think "benny" may also be part of this too. Check out both of their registration dates, and look at all of their posts so far. They all point to the same website(s)... All positively endorse these lights... Same kind of grammar in their postings... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Anyone else see what I am getting at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, I can see it too. I think CPF is the wrong place to hope to pull off what appears to be happening. But perhaps we're being unjustifiably paranoid, and herecomestrouble or benny will comment on this and set us straight.

Paul

LightScene

Enlightened
Hi herecomestrouble,
The specs on the Predator at brite-lite say 120+ lumens. That's a lot more than the 80 lumens you are claiming.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "blitzer" is quite clearly a brinkman nextstar body. Probably the 2AA. Are these mods or production flashlights? Does anybody recognize where the body for the other 2 might have come from?

herecomestrouble

Newly Enlightened
well im not sure who this "benny" is just saying i was a little sceptical and yet intrigued and since i love buying new toys i opted to try this new light"predator" since it is much cheaper than the new surefire which sells for about $120.00usd and to be honest before i made this purchase i did a little searching and the only reason i signed up was to be able to respond to some comments here but hey im not here to push the product or anything just to point out that im impressed with what this company"ledxtreme" has come out with as far as price and performance and brite-lite is the only company that i know of that sells this ledxtreme line if anyone knows of anyone else offering this ledxtreme product line let me know.
cheers!!!

herecomestrouble

Newly Enlightened
and the eagle eye and predator are the same light only the predator is waterproof so for the extra couple bucks i went with the predator model since i do alot of diving just setting the record straight so no need to attack anyone here just thought i would share some info

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
well im not sure who this "benny" is ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah well... see here's the catch... I am. Consider this to be your one and only warning. Stop with the games. Stop with your advertising for this company unless you want to become a dealer/sponsor and pay for your banner ad like all of our other dealers/sponsors do.

B

benny

Very unprofessional reviews from people that have not purchased the products before commenting on.

In the real world you
1. purchase
2. test
3. comment

It simple ...... 1 - 2 - 3

Let's hear from the Real World!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
benny, i see no "reviews".

what i see are comments pointing out the innacuracy of the claims. not many of us may have seen one of these in person, but the stated claims are not possible for those flashlights, and as such, it could be considered false marketing.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
How were these Lumen ratings obtained, anyway?

Personally, I'd like to see the test results from the lab that ran these lights through an Integrating Sphere... If there was no testing done with an Integrating Sphere by a reputable lab, then the Lumen ratings are pure speculation and highly suspect.

If there really was a Luxeon out there that could reliably put 120 Lumens out of the end of a flashlight we'd be all over it by now, I'm sure.

herecomestrouble

Newly Enlightened
so why would the output of 120 lumens be impossible its certainly alot brighter that the current 1watt surefire and streamlight flashlights and this particular led is basically just a form of a laser and simple physics states that the more current put through a laser or this particular led the greater the output as long as the led or laser is sufficiently cooled and combined with the right optics voila u have a high output flashlight but anyways i think everyone is bored in here and is just knocking this product instead of actually taking the company's word on it and actually trying this light out for themselves and if there is another 1 watt flashlight out there that can outperform the striker or predator i would like to know!!!!!