• Strike bezel

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No strike bezel

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brianna

Enlightened
Since Surefire decided not to make the Lumamax Ultra. The only light similar to this is the E2DL Ultra. I would be very happy with this light if it didn't have the spikes on it. Unfortunately the only way to get this light at this time is the fantasy strike bezel.

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Removing the teeth will no longer make it part of the Defender series.

Get the LX2CU-A. It's basically LX2 Ultra with clicky UI. The low output will be higher than E2DL Ultra's (15 lumens vs 5) but the UI should be the same.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
The crenelated strike bezel and crenelated shroud around the switch are what make the E2DL what it is, and would be quite effective for their intended purpose. The standard E2DL is my EDC.

I would like to see a version of the standard E2DL with an extended bezel but without crenelations, as well as with a shroud around the switch without crenelations, and the word "Defender" omitted from the side of the light.

Crenelations have their place, but so do lights without crenelations.

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
Neither, they should make the Lumamax Ultra with the Lumamax UI. My EB1 Tac gives me the same UI, same output, and nearly the same run time as the current L2, on a single battery.

I can use painter's tape to protect the lens while I hack the teeth off the bezel of an E2D ultra with a bench grinder, and then match the finish (or close to it) with an aluminum blackening compound from a gunsmith supply house.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
LX2U Clicky and Tactical are both 500 lumens, just like the E2DLU.

I thought I read a few days ago those were canceled. (edit- unless that was a joke, & it's april fools already on the chinese calendar?)

Maybe consider ourselves lucky to get one version, of either the new proposed defender or lumamax.

Last edited:

brianna

Enlightened
No April fools joke I promise. I would never joke about flashlights. The Lumamax Ultra is a dead project. So I was hoping maybe Surefire would produce a E2DL Ultra without spikes to make up for the loss of the Lumamax Ultra.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see the point of them doing so many models of with and without strike bezels and still have identical UI's ? It's thinking like that that keeps costs high. Too many options for the amount of buyers, means not enough profit per light, makes costs go up. That's just my opinion, if one was clickie and one was the twist momentary, then there's enough difference to warrant a strike and non stile bezel I guess

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay well that makes it easy then. Yeah keep it simple, I vote for one version of the e2dl-ultra. Clicky single mode max.

brianna

Enlightened
I don't see the point of them doing so many models of with and without strike bezels and still have identical UI's ? It's thinking like that that keeps costs high. Too many options for the amount of buyers, means not enough profit per light, makes costs go up. That's just my opinion, if one was clickie and one was the twist momentary, then there's enough difference to warrant a strike and non stile bezel I guess

My point is Surefire is not making any other TIR flashlight with 500 lm. Not everybody wants a sharp pointy flashlight in their pocket.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
I don't see the point of them doing so many models of with and without strike bezels and still have identical UI's ?

Because....

Not everybody wants a sharp pointy flashlight in their pocket.

I won't buy any light has the "Intended to be used as a weapon" bezel.

"Fantasy Bezel" is an appropriate name. As far as combat effectiveness goes, anyone who thinks that the Offender bezel is any more dangerous than the regular scalloped bezels on SF LED lights doesn't understand how dangerous any hard anodized aluminum object is to human skin and bones. I would also advise anyone who thinks it's cool to hit strangers, and make them bleed while fighting them, to so some research on bloodborne pathogens.

The only thing I've seen get extra super damaged by a Defender Bezel is my pants pocket, which is the main reason I'll never own one again.

Edited to Add:

As far as the LX2 Ultra being discontinued, I am VERY disappointed about this, but I'm sure it's only temporary.

SF won't go long before offering a non violent 500 lumen .75" light. I just hope it's available in black, and not mismatched green like my LX2.

All I want is a 500 lumen, 2 battery version of my EB1T, is that too much to ask? :(

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
My point is Surefire is not making any other TIR flashlight with 500 lm. Not everybody wants a sharp pointy flashlight in their pocket.

The bezel doesn't dictate whether or not I buy a flashlight, if I love UI and beam profile I get it. The style of bezel may dictate how I carry it ;)

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the DM2, UM2, and ZM2? Have they been cancelled as well?

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with what MatthewSB said. I think the E2DL is just bad design, and the tailcap design will just make activation more difficult than the normal e-series clickies. Maybe it is more about feeling safe than being safe?

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Removing the teeth will no longer make it part of the Defender series.

I have a D3 Defender that does not have sharp teeth.

The crenelated strike bezel and crenelated shroud around the switch are what make the E2DL what it is, and would be quite effective for their intended purpose.

I am not a very high speed guy so the intended purpose for a flashlight for me is to provide light. I love my E2DL but would pack it more often if it did not have jagged teeth.

With the TIR lens, the teeth do not effect the beam as badly on the edges as they do on a C-Series head with the same teeth, but they still rip up pockets and make me select another light if I am flying commercial.

brianna

Enlightened
Might as well close this thread since the EB2 is supposed to replace the Lumamax Ultra.