First post; Surefire Centurion M2

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello all. This is my first post over on the CandlePower Forums. I like what I have seen so far! I think most knife junkies tend to be flashlight junkies also.
I have been acquainted with Surefire since they first introduced the 6P. I have used several of their products and always been happy with them. I just sold a mint 9N rechargeable model along with a Streamlight Stinger rechargeable.
I currently have an ASP Tac Light, a 9P SF, and a Maglite rechargeable, along with an assortment of others.
Just got paid a visit by big brown and received a Surefire Centurion M2. Now this is a light! I really like the lines on this light, not to mention the two lamp assemblies that came with it. The 61P really puts out some light! I plan to use this as an all purpose light and like the idea of the clip.
Surefire seems to be the top dog on the flashlight scene and after handling this new one I can see why. BTW, the tailcap is a gray color while the rest of the light is a geenish/gray color. Not a problem as I sorta like the two-tone finish! Even matches my new Bob Dozier Buckhunter!

Art

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Art!

Is this the new M2? The one with the Shock Isolated Bezel... The one with cooling fins?

As for colour matching, SureFire try to match parts, but different anodisation batches are sometimes slightly different shades. This is one of the problems with Military Level III Hard Anodising - It makes it harder to keep a constant colour thoughtout the batches.

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yep 15s it is the new model. Cooling fins and shock system included. I was not sure what you meant by the shock system until I just looked inside the bezel and saw and felt how it worked, AWESOME! Like I said it looks good to me was just curious about whether this was how it was supposed to be. Thanks for the help 15s. BTW that is quite a collection of lights you have.

Art

Size15's

Flashaholic
Those were but a few. The really cool ones are those I can't show you photos of...

View

Here is another SureFire group photo.

View

None of these are Pryex, sorry.

Since these were taken, there have been significant additions to the SureFires I have. In a couple weeks, I hope to have more photos.

Al

blackz28

Newly Enlightened
My new M2 arrived last night, and I gotta say that the P61 is awesome
grin.gif
. The tailcap on mine is also grey colored whereas the rest of it is a greenish\grey. The M2 fits nicely between my E2-HA and 9AN
smile.gif

blackz28

Newly Enlightened
Al,

I did quite a bit of research before I got the M2, and a lot of your insites from both sites made the decision easier. I bet that it was very tough on your part, biting your tongue about the led head
wink.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
You have no idea how close some ideas or guesses were, and are to products that SureFire is developing.
We are mostly practical people, and SureFires are practical illumination tools.

Certainly, SureFire surprises us all, but ideas from the forums do help I think.

The M3 LED Bezel is the tip of the iceberg.

Al