How does black finish on the Z3 hold up?

dockersguy

Newly Enlightened
I own the Z3. I haven't used it roughly, but I have used it quite a bit and so far the finish is like new. I HAD the V70 molded holster and it had a metal retaining clip on the inside that would rub really hard against the finish every time I holsterd the light, but the finish still held up. Even the knurled tail cap held up against that abusive metal clip. Well, I hope this helps.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I have had no trouble with the finish on my Z3. I used to EDC in my pack until I got the M3. The M3 is nice too, but I couldn't let the Z3 sit in the drawer, so... I waited and waited and finally got a KL3 for it. Now its back in my pack as an EDC again. Still no marks on the finish and a great light.
smile.gif

nihraguk

Enlightened
in my opinion, the HA is good, but not necessary. i have an M2 that i'm trying to sell, and once i do so i'll be getting a C2 in black. the Z3 might not look new once the finish starts wearing off, but that won't impede on the function of the flashlight in any way, so i wouldn't worry about it. besides, i think it looks even better "used"
smile.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone had any problems with the black finish on the z3's wearing off? I really like the Z3 over the C3, however the finish is the only thing that's not completely got me sold. If the Z3 came in HA Id have it by now... And no you cant convince me to get an M3...
wink.gif

-ERiC