Looking for input on Niteye EYE10 TiC

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
There seems to be very little info from owners on this light by Niteye. I have been following a review here at CPF but lack of new info in that section warranted a post here. Looking for user / owner input here. Looking for overall thoughts and performance info.

Do the holes in the head indeed accept 2x8 trits?

Has anyone found a good use for the empty tripod mounting hole in the tail end?

On a russian thread I had read max output as follows cr123a/190 , 16340/500lm , 18350 660/lm. Any real life numbers out there to compare?

Over all thoughts on fit and finish, how well is the light holding up. Is it a quality build?

Anymore info would be greatly appreciated. I know there is a small growing number of owners (or soon to be owners) that would like to get more info if possible. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the EYE10 TiC, but I do have the aluminum EYE10 as well as the Jetbeam RRT-01 and TCR-01.

Overall, I prefer the EYE10's driver. Running on IMR 18350, it pulls noticeably more current and produces a brighter beam than the Jetbeam driver. I believe the output figures of around 660 lumens are accurate.

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
I don't have the EYE10 TiC, but I do have the aluminum EYE10 as well as the Jetbeam RRT-01 and TCR-01.

Overall, I prefer the EYE10's driver. Running on IMR 18350, it pulls noticeably more current and produces a brighter beam than the Jetbeam driver. I believe the output figures of around 660 lumens are accurate.

That is crazy bright for the size of light. Although I know that wont have much of a runtime it really will be one to "show off" a bit of power from a pocket rocket.

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
This could be useful as a work light (where both your hands are otherwise occupied), as a fill light for photography, etc.

I agree completely for its use. Really interested as well as if any users had found something to tastefully occupy that space while not in use. That is the only flaw I see in the light as it looks a bit unfinished or like something is missing when the mounting hole is just left open like it is. I screw in magnet would be ideal IMHO.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree completely for its use. Really interested as well as if any users had found something to tastefully occupy that space while not in use. That is the only flaw I see in the light as it looks a bit unfinished or like something is missing when the mounting hole is just left open like it is. I screw in magnet would be ideal IMHO.
Ah - gotcha. A screw-in magnet sounds like a good idea!