so i sit in the dark now.. earthhour 2013

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
earthhour started here while ago.

lights are off..

laptop is on.. running on its battery. gonna shut it down soon and just look at the fireplace for a while as fire is very captivating sight.

tealightcandles are on.. 5 total in different rooms or lighting the hallway.

zebralights (3) are ready to go on their minimal settings if someone needs to do something.. with eneloops ofcourse.

earth hour is nice. its a great moment to think about random stuff, without distractions like phone tv or what nots, just be.. enveloped in darkness. this laptops backlight seems so bright to my eyes now... im off.. peace all!

Imon

Enlightened
I own three oil lamps.
Two with tall glass globes and one that is shaped more like a lantern with a carrying handle.
Buying oil for the lamps is relatively cheap and lasts a pretty long time and the wicks are super cheap to buy.

The thing I like about oil lamps over candles is that they can provide a lot more light than candle or you can lower the wick to where they are providing a minimal amount of light.
That said, candles are nice too. :D
I always have a lot around the house but I don't use them that often and when I do I put them inside a lantern to add a cool factor. :candle: