C2L serial number

yearnslow

Enlightened
DSCN2380.JPG
Am I right in thinking this is relatively low serial number for a C2 body?

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Not sure why a good number of flashaholics pay much attention so serial numbers. Your flashlight is a C2L and not exactly a C2. Virtually the same thing but if serial numbers are a concern to you then perhaps the difference between a C2 and a C2L are too.
With that being said your flashlight has got the newer Surefire logo on it. So that means it's one of the more recent batch that Surefire made for the C2L so it's a much more recent flashlight then say the older C2L with the older Surefire logo. I just pulled my C2L from my holster just to see what the serial number was. It's A00878. It's got the older Surefire logo which some collectors desire more. The P60L that came with it was long sold and now it carries trip nichia drop in.
You have a nice flashlight there and the C2L with the KX4 bezel is rarely seen around here I think. I sort of regret selling mine awhile back.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pulled my C2L from my holster just to see what the serial number was. It's A00878.
We were almost neighbours :) A00883 here (although I already sold the light).

Personaly I find it interesting if a light has a 3 digit or less serial#. My A2L is A00272, my AZ-2 is A00944 and my KL5A A00010. But it´s not really of any importance to me unless I could get an interesting Surefire light with the serial# A00242!

Eric

Last edited:

yearnslow

Enlightened
Not sure why a good number of flashaholics pay much attention so serial numbers. Your flashlight is a C2L and not exactly a C2. Virtually the same thing but if serial numbers are a concern to you then perhaps the difference between a C2 and a C2L are too.
With that being said your flashlight has got the newer Surefire logo on it. So that means it's one of the more recent batch that Surefire made for the C2L so it's a much more recent flashlight then say the older C2L with the older Surefire logo. I just pulled my C2L from my holster just to see what the serial number was. It's A00878. It's got the older Surefire logo which some collectors desire more. The P60L that came with it was long sold and now it carries trip nichia drop in.
You have a nice flashlight there and the C2L with the KX4 bezel is rarely seen around here I think. I sort of regret selling mine awhile back.
Ok Thanks. The flashlight is a nice example I agree, When I bought it NIP I was told it was Black and the LED was 80 lumens (P60L), so imagine my surprise when it turned up in OD with a KX4 head! I was going to send it back, but I made the fatal error of using it and now I love it!