Status of LS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, Christmass is coming. The Surefire 5 and 6 are being released now. Many folks are ready to give up and buy 123 batt powered lights now that the batt prices have dropped. Poor boys like me will only be able to buy one or the other...Surefire or Arc. Will the Arc have multi power levels? Why should I buy an Arc over a Surfire 5 or 6?

Dangle a carrot of hope in front of me now...or else... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif I`ll be to broke to buy the Arc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
March 2004 is the newest release date.

Here is the latest from Peter,

[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Hank: we do somethine like the EMP testing ourselves. Search for keyword, "microwave". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Short answer: not a problem.

Charles: yes, the clip keeps it from rolling.

Michigan man: Sorry, we won't be hitting either of your points. The battery pack is a smaller diameter than the head and the head is slightly larger than the current LS. The diameter is increasing from 0.955" to 1.000". The increase in diameter was for 4 reasons: 1) There are many flashlight accessories built around the 1" size. 2) The larger reflector is more efficient and produces a tighter center spot than a truncated reflector. 3) The new circuit required more internal room to fit in the new capabilities. 4) The lens is now a standard 22.6mm size and user replaceable.

Personally, I would have rather had a smaller head diameter... But, we would have had to make some sacrifices on the beam, etc. Even though the change is only 45 thousandths of an inch, every bit counts in my opinion.

Btw, the reflector is optomized for a strong center spot with a wide sidespill. Beam tint mixing is between the NX05 and Fraen 10 degree in appearance. We are getting over 700 lux from the center spot at 1 meter so throw will be slightly better than the current LSH-P.

The length of the LS4 is going to be 3.1". This number has been updated from our original projections. The extra length came from two design changes: 1) switching to a much thicker polycarbonate lens to survive the paintball test. 2) increase height of rubber button on rear to make it easier to press.

So now I can safely say the LS4 will be similiar in size to the LSH. The overall volume is slightly less but the weight will be about 0.2 ounce more because of the increased thermal mass in the head.

No new delays have occured to change our March delivery projection.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

kaseri

Enlightened
I wonder if they have any idea as to what the price of the LS4 will be?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
$180 is the price of the Premium, while $150 is the price of the Standard.

Yes, it is to have multiple light levels, which the user can select 2 for actual use, and change if needed.

kaseri

Enlightened
Based on the quality of my LSHF-P and my LSH-P that seems reasonable for a high quality dual beam light. I can't wait to get rid of my L1 and replace it with an LS4. The only reason I have dealt with the terrible beam color of the L1 is because of the dual beam.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
kaseri: you can try changing out the LED in the L1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
kaseri: you can try changing out the LED in the L1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas I am not as crafty as some of those who frequent here. At best someone would need to do the mod for me. Plus, the more I use my ARC's the less I like my Surefires. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.