Northern Switzerland computer stores

Kick

Newly Enlightened
Hey European CPF members,
My step-daughter is traveling in Europe and is having issues with her laptop. I am pretty sure it is her power supply, but I can't test it because of logistical reasons. Is there any recommendations on where I might be able to have her take the laptop to get checked out. She is north east of Zurich this week
Thanks Doug

Kick

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I'll shoot over a pm. It looks like shipping a power supply over to Europe would be $100, So i would hate to be wrong on a guess.
Thanks Doug

Julian Holtz

Enlightened
I just checked ebay. Fixed-price offers for Lenovo power supplies range from €10-30 in Germany and CHF 10-30 in Switzerland.

If she was in Germany, I could send her my one.

Kick

Newly Enlightened
I just checked ebay. Fixed-price offers for Lenovo power supplies range from €10-30 in Germany and CHF 10-30 in Switzerland.

If she was in Germany, I could send her my one.
Thanks for the info. The problem is she is only in one location for a week at a time, then moves on to the next city. El_Pablo found a computer shop for me, not to far away from her, to take the laptop to. If it is the power supply, they have them for less than $ 40 US, so a lot cheaper than me sending her one. I appreciate your offer though.
Thanks Doug

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trouble is, my Lenovos had about a 50/50 chance of:

1. Dead power brick (Plug to cord joint breaks)
2. Dead power plug (Socket to motherboard solder joint breaks)

Here's the test: Wiggle the cord near the plug. If that makes the power come and go, it's the plug. If gently wiggling the plug in the socket fixes it, well. It's a motherboard repair/replace, so that can be pricey.

Kick

Newly Enlightened
So i got more info from her today. She said that the computer had locked up on her. So she pulled the battery out while it was still plugged in ( at least that was what I could decipher from her texting). So I am assuming that something was fried, but since I can't get my hands on it, I told her to take it to the shop that El_Pablo had found . I do appreciate the useful trouble shooting advice though.
Doug