Need help what is this

sal415

Newly Enlightened
I have got a custom light and just doesn't look like what it's supposed to be its supposed to be a xpg2 bonded to copper what do you think?
a9e5egyz.jpg

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks to me like some other LED on a metal-core PCB. Where did you order it from? Is that white-ish square bordered by black actually all yellow?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
It LOOKS like the yellow is part of a another layer ( A few layers in places) of perhaps plastic? (Over the other white parts)

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
It LOOKS like the yellow is part of a another layer ( A few layers in places) of perhaps plastic? (Over the other white parts)

The yellow cellophane looks to be insulating the star contacts from the reflector. I'm trying to figure what part of this thing is LED, so I can try and guess chip shape. I sure don't see a Cree dome, though.

arek98

Enlightened
Hmm, copper bonded - possible. SinkPAD suposed to have direct contact between LED and metal base. It can have aluminum or copper base. Hard to tell what you got. How does it look from a side?

"Yelow cellophane" looks like kepton tape and as AnAppleSnail wrote is insulating star from the reflector.

LED looks strange. It has something glued on with black epoxy or other glue. Picture is overexposed but white square with yellow center kind of looks like XP-G2 so I would say possible.

Can you post another picture taken with proper exposure and maybe from slight angle?

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
I see... some LED module in the middle, mounted on a piece of clear material (I can read the text on the SinkPad through it).

The clear material looks to be glued on by black RTV. I see no electrical connections--maybe they go straight down through the SinkPad?

Hard to say with that lens flash in the upper-left.

Latest posts