Streamlight Poly Stinger

WaltH

Enlightened
OK, I got tired of waiting for SF to fix their B90 problem. I wanted a rechargeable of the same size so got the polystinger. I've used it for a few days now and I really like it. Got it at OutdoorWorld with both chargers for 79 plus tax. Stipled reflecter throws a very nice beam at the tightest focus. You get the obvious rings as you open up the flood but it's still useable. You also get the advertised runtime out of it. Not the fit and finish of the SF but outperforms it by a long shot. Even with a freshly charged battery in the 8AX the stinger still has a whiter beam. Beam quality of the 8AX is SLIGHTLY better but not much, and the throw is the same.

Polystinger is a winner!

redbird

Enlightened
I have to agree. I have 3 stingers and an unused Surefire 8x. I spoke with surefire just yesterday and they state they are going back to the original battery manufacturer. I will be 10 weeks before the new batteries are available.

I ordered one of the new dimpled reflectors for one of our stingers and notice a considerable difference in the quality of the beam. To me, it is a winner. I plan on upgrading one other light. The remaining one has the new larger reflector on it already.

Streamlight rules the rechargeable areana right now...

WaltH

Enlightened
Cool. I've done some partying in the Kzoo area. SW MI is the most beautiful place in the world...in the summertime. The winters were a little long for me but I do miss snowmobiling and hockey on the lakes.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
redbird, streamlight has always ruled the recharable arena.

it would take years of trouble free servuce reported here before i would even consider a sf rechargable. and only if sf customer service stops trying to cover up problems, like they always try to do.

if it wasn't for this site, the BS sf cust serv churns out would go unchallenged.