I am SEVERELY discouraged!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
One of my Michelin tires... tires that I trusted more than ANYTHING on my truck (even a Surefire G2 I had on me today)...

I was sailing along on 59 north just past 105 at Cleveland... when POP, pispspspspsps, my right rear was toast! There is a flap popped out near the rim on the outside.

I used to pop lesser brand tires with regularity, but just KNEW that was a thing of the past with Michelins!

On the PLUS side, I got to check out the Cleveland Walmart for lights and such...

Because on the MINUS side, my spare was pretty much hosed when I got it out from under the truck, and I have NO IDEA how it got so. It was as if it blew up under there. It DID get me about a mile at 15mph or less to the Walmart!

As for the Walmart, there were no Dorcy AAA on the hanger, and no sign that the AA was ever there or coming soon.

People up there are different! REAL friendly, but different!

And lastly... if you need tires... go ANYWHERE else! I was there right at two hours!!! For ONE tire!

What a day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

phyhsuts

Enlightened
V8TOYTRUCK - Michelin owns BFG! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif so you are recomending the same make of tire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
My current plan is to believe I let the pressure get down a bit too much, get a new Michelin, and go happily on my way!

I don't need all terrain tires, and I don't WANT non stock sized tires, so these LTX M/S tires just gotta do.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Oh yeah, I forgot something.

My truck weighs somewhere around 8000 pounds. Maybe more when it is stuffed with parts. And I had another 1000 over the rear axle.

So it is kinda tough on rears...

Skyline

Enlightened
Wow, sounds like you were lucky you were able to pull off without losing control. Yeah, you gotta check your tire air pressure at least once a month, and more frequently when the outside temperature changes a lot.

Tomas

Banned
I've had Michelin's on many vehicles, and have had generally decent luck with them - though some of them did seem to have, uh, "softer" sidewalls than I would have expected from the style/size.

V8TOYTRUCK, I'll agree with the BFG AT's. All seven of my Land Cruisers ran on those, and they were some of the toughest, and most reliable, tires I've ever had. They may be owned by Michelin now, but they are still constructed quite differently.
disco.gif

T_sig6.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
....On a conpletely different topic...TOMAS, YOU'RE AVATAR FREAKED ME OUT!

Just stare at it...I though I was going loony!!!

--dan

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Playboy Joe-

i really think you need to buy yourself a new flashlight to make yourself feel better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GregR

Tomas

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
....On a conpletely different topic...TOMAS, YOU'RE AVATAR FREAKED ME OUT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheheheheheh ... Most of my avatars have done that, dano. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

twink08.gif
tom_face04.gif
T_avatar5.gif
T_avatar3.gif
73AVA.gif

You thought they were just static pictures, didn't you?

Heh.

They're watching you watch them ...
blinkie.gif

T_sig6.gif
fan.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have mentioned before I think...

It is an F350 CrewCab LWB with Single Rear Wheels. On it is a Knapheide Work Body with a Lift Gate on the back.

I have a single wheel truck for one main reason. On a dually truck, the service bodies do not have flat floors. I NEED flat floor!!!!

So I have to put up with some trouble. I just really thought I had the tire thing licked.....

OH! I have NEVER had ANY drama when I've lost tires. I lost the front on a 1500 gallon tank truck half full some years back. No big deal.

I blew out three different tires before the Michelins. No biggy any time. I have this 'driving' thing down pat.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
First thing I did when I bought my last truck was buy a matching wheel from a junkyard and 5 new tires. I rotate my spare when I rotate tires so I know it gets checked every 6000 miles and I get 1/5th extra life out of my tires since each gets to rest for 1/5 of the time. Anyone want a compact spare?

Big Tex

Enlightened
My Tahoe is on its second set of BFG TA's/50k miles on the first set. I'm impressed with these tires as a combo street/ light duty off road tire.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I run LTX M/S 235/85x16E. 3042lbs at 80psi.

I realized when i got one new tire just HOW DARN FAST the others are wearing. My Buddy runs '92 and '02 Dodge D250s. He gets nearly 100K out of the same tires.

I don't know for sure how many miles I've put on these, but it ain't nowhere NEAR 100K, I figure MAYBE 50K...

This thing is heavy though....

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYTRUCK said:
Get some BFGs All Terrains

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I run those on my F-150. Great, tough, rugged tire, excellent in the snow also. They're bound to become a classic, how many years have they been out now?

I think the Michelin and BFG factories are still different, just the HQ is common (but that info may be out-of-date).