Floody light that can still hit a couple hundred feet?

awyeah

Enlightened
I have quite a few throwy lights with tight hotspots. My EagleTac T20C2 MkII, Fenix TK41 U2, and a few others. I think it's time to get a more floody light. Is there a light out there that has a nice wide hotspot, but can still throw a couple hundred feet? For now, let's say any budget, any battery.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have quite a few throwy lights with tight hotspots. My EagleTac T20C2 MkII, Fenix TK41 U2, and a few others. I think it's time to get a more floody light. Is there a light out there that has a nice wide hotspot, but can still throw a couple hundred feet? For now, let's say any budget, any battery.

Malkoff Hounddog.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on anything Malkoff! I have quite a few of his lights. I keep a cheap host with his P61 SHO 219 run with 2 18650 batteries handy. I have 2 hounddogs. Look over his website and pick something you like. You will not be disappointed!

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Well there are TONS of lights that fit that description. A compact light with a SST90, such as a S12 & etc. might work for you. Or you can go more extreme with a SRK. Size of a coke can, 3 x XML, 4 x 18650, can throw about 300 meter, TONs of flood, and be had for under $50. Of many slightly more expensice lights like a TK75 or Black Shadow Terminator will offer even more throw, more lumens, but still excellent flood.

JetskiMark

Enlightened
I recommend researching the Zebralight S6330 and the Nitecore TM26. Both are quality lights with nice low modes too.

A good low is very important when you don't need thousands of lumens. It is surprising how often a couple of lumens is just the proper amount.

85coke

Newly Enlightened
Which module do you have for the T20C2? Mine with XMLs have a decent amount of flood.

Take a look at a zebralight sc600w. Might be a little short on throw, but it's a great all around light.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff Wildcat can also throw a couple hundred YARDS, not just a couple hundred feet. And the Hound Dog even further.
The Wildcat is the floodier of the two, and it's a 1350 lumen triple XPG2.
They are relatively affordable, considering what they deliver. And they have a lot of "Lego" possibilities with interchangeable bodies.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
There are floody lights that can light up ~ 3 football fields at the same time.

:D

Brigadier

Enlightened
+1 on the Malkoff M61.

Also my RRT-3 Triple XML will light up the whole neighborhood for a few hundred feet.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for a compact light to throw a nice flood 75 to 100 yards plus.

Jason's Alpha is a great one to carry. This one's pure flood.

Surefire Fury

As mentioned Gene's Hounddog (I have the older XM-L with the MD2 and MD3 bodies).

and many more ....

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my M91A from Malkoff,

In my 9P it is very "floody" and just has a huge wall of light coming out of it!!!

awyeah

Enlightened
Which module do you have for the T20C2? Mine with XMLs have a decent amount of flood.

Take a look at a zebralight sc600w. Might be a little short on throw, but it's a great all around light.

I've got the XM-L neutral white, I think. Problem is, on the drop-in that came with it, the label must have come off, there's just some glue where the label used to be, so I can't be 100% sure. How can I identify the LED?

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?310739-Malkoff-M91/page11

Post #544,

If the back is Green it's the older XM-L, the newer one is a silver back like in the pic,

Hope this helps...

This pic is of the Protac HL I just sold, it has the original XM-L in it, not the L2

20130325_145127_zpsba2d512c.jpg

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix TK75 throws better than your TK41 and delivers much better flood too. It takes 4 x 18650 cells.

Patriot

Flashaholic

So you're looking to throw less than 59K lux but you want something really bright with flood. That's a seriously wide range of lights. The TM15 and TM26 throw 30k and 40K lux each, the Zebralight S6330 and TM11 will have much less throw but are still impressively bright and floody 15K-20K lux neighborhood. You're parameters are so open though, we could literally list hundreds of lights.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well... Since I just bought it recently I'll say the Fenix E50. It's a decent powerhouse at 760 neutral-white lumens max but overall is not really a thrower light. It does reach out pretty far at the 230 and 760 lumen range but lights up a broad area. Really nice.

Brigadier

Enlightened
My SureFire M3, bored, running IMR18500's with an MN11 lamp, approx 400 OTF lumens, throws several hundred feet, and with the oval shaped beam oriented horizontally, is a real 'street sweeper'.