Anyone else have a bad night?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, I've been planning to watch the meteor shower and everything. Had a spot picked out. Had a luvly lady-friend to accompany me. Had fresh batteries in my PT40, SL Luxeon and Arc AAA.

Get outside.

CLOUDS. Ahh, run in, check 4cast. "Scattered clouds."

Okay. Go to the spot. Wait for clouds to clear. Clouds clear everywhere except in the Eastern skies. I can see everything but the Leonids. *sigh*

Later that night..

I'm home now. Disappointed from the cloudy skies. (Might I add I didn't hear a word about them 'til tonight) Figure I may as well take out the fresh batteries and use up the rest of the others. (After all, I really just wanted to impress my luvly lady-friend with them) In the midst of exchanging batteries. Voice from the other room, "Ryan!". Go defeat spider. Get back to the batteries. 4get which batteries were the fresh ones, and which were in the lights prior to tonight. *sigh* I even had them in their respectable sets of 4 and 3 following the light's battery arrangements. Still, which is which -- forgotten. Wing it. *sigh* Don't think I've got it right.

Tonight sucked.

I'm done b*tching now--I mean venting now.

P.S. No wait. To add to the clouds, some fog rolled in. Supposed to rain tomorrow and the temp. should raise to about 50º--meaning more clouds, more fog, and no chance at catching the Leonid scavengers. Sheesh!

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Soooo, you spent some time with your lady friend in a presumably secluded location and you failed to have a good time? You just need to learn how to make lemonade out of the pile of lemons that life hands you sometimes.