Nitecore MH1C died on day two

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Anyone else have any problems with MH1C?

Came home from the Post Office, charched up the Nitecore RCR and a AW RCR with the built in charger and every thing worked great.
Tested with the Nitecore, AW, and CR123 primary...all worked as stated. Tried a 5 min turbo run with the Nitecore RCR....light did not step down
or get hot.

Next morning while using the light for multiple turbo...probably 20-30 bursts less than 1 min the light started random flashes and dropped down to low,
low moon mode and then died. Will not come on with fresh RCR or primary and charger does not work.

Checked reviews, didn't see any reliability posts.

Walter

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Both the Nitecore and AW RCRs work in my PD20.

Light worked fine for a couple of hours in the morning after being charged the previous evening.

Walter

Last edited:

h2oflyer

Enlightened
The dealer...J2 flashlights agreed to replace the MH1C. I decided to upgrade to the MH25 as I use my lights on turbo mostly.

Thinking that one RCR123 on really high drain might be heat stressing the MH1C. Great service from John at J2 flashlights.

Walter

Last edited:

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Nitecore's specs for MH25 say reverse polarity protection....I don't see any. Bare springs at both ends. I don't recall ever seeing a recent flashlight
without some form of mechanical blocking at the positive end. Selfbuilt's pics show the difference between MH1C and MH25.

Nice output, but I am having second thoughts on the MH series. The USB charging socket seems delicate and you have to be real careful inserting the USB plug

I am thinking of the P25 which has the reverse polarity protection resolved, but is the charging socket of better quality and mounted better. Or should I
look at other lights in this class.

Walter