upgrading an HDS with an XP-G2 emitter ?

radu1976

Enlightened
Mine is using an obsolete SSC P4 I think. Will an XP-G2 offer double the brightness and substantial increase in throw ? I would stay away from XM-L, as long as I am looking for a good throw I am thinking that even an XP-E2 would be a good choice. I am not skillful at modding, I am wondering who could do that ? I am looking for somebody who did that before to avoid damage a 100$ light I care a lot. I hope I didn't break any rule and I have posted this thread in the right section.

Imon

Enlightened
There is a modder in the CPF Custom Flashlight Builders and Modders forum. I couldn't personally vouch for this service since I haven't had any mods done but I'm sure there are other members here who can share their experiences.

Also you can post a request thread in the same forum asking someone to mod your light for you.

gravelrash

Enlightened
Vinh just put an XP-G2 4000K in my HDS Clicky 120 and I got it back this week. Great tint, brighter (not double, but noticeably brighter), usable beam.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can't really go wrong with any of the CPF modding regulars doing a job for you.

jake royston and vinh and many other guys do spectacular work. i think the only difference among them may be price perhaps

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually did three HDS' at one time for a member. XM-L2, XP-G2 and XP-E2 in 4000-4500k tint. Having them to compare with each other was nice, for throw I'd go with the XP-E2 IMO.

beach honda

Enlightened
I can vouch for frank lucero, jake Royston, DatiLed, Vinh, and I know for sure there are other guys like think2x, etc that are great guys with excellent skills.

i heart CPFs modders!

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can vouch for Think2x, he modded my hds120 with a Nichia219 :) gorgeous matchup, perfect edc with the perfect tint ;)