What is your favorite AA lights?

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
I'm that type that's really only into AA battery flashlights and would like to know what everyone's favorite AA-cell lights are? Doesn't have to be all the lights you have, or have to own, it could be one you have used from a friend or one you have had in the past, etc.

It gets tough looking through product pages when majority are of other batteries than AA, on SureFires website I couldn't figure out a way to filter an option for AA only so that kind of led me to creating this thread (I actually only found 1 SureFire that uses AA).

I'll start with my favorite AA lights I love so far (in no order):

Fenix TK41
Fenix LD41
Fenix LD15
Rayovac Indestructible
MiniMag

Always looking to add to the AA family, so let me know which ones you love, thank you.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
My favorite AA light is the 4Sevens Miniquark AA2(it is now called Mini M2A). I use it everyday at work and i fits perfectly in the right penpocket of my workingpants.It´s lightveight and has a nice beam and good runtime, but it could have a better twister action. When tvisting it to shift modes it ofthen jumps over a mode. The machining on the threads could have been thicker,like the ones on the Olight I1EOS which is also a twister action flashlight,but it never jumps over modes since has stiffer threads.

Otherwise i prefer flashlights powered by CR123A or 18650 batteries.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm that type that's really only into AA battery flashlights and would like to know what everyone's favorite AA-cell lights are? ...

My AA favorites include the Malkoff Devices MDC HA 1AA, the dual level Inova X1, and Fenix E11. (I added pocket clips to the Inova X1 and Fenix E11 before taking these photos.)

malkoff-mdc-ha-1aa.jpg

inova-x1-v4.jpg

fenix-e11.jpg

Rob Flanery

Newly Enlightened
My wife and I both carry Fenix LD15's on our key rings. Great light for her and a useful tool for me it I get caught without another. I have Both TK41 and TK45 flashlights here at the house. Quite a nice set of flashlights. The triple head fills my entire backyard with light. My kids use it to take the dog out late at night. I carry an Ultrafire C3 that I picked up from DX at work. It does a fairly good job for daily work use and if I loose or destroy it I would be more disappointed at loosing the battery (Maha Powerex) than I would loosing the light.

I have a couple of others of no particular merit that fit the bill as night lights for my girls. I like AA as they are much safer, cheaper, and available in a pinch. I can remember when we thought the 9V lantern we had camping was bright. That has certainly changed.

markr6

Flashaholic
L3 illumination L10 Nichia219 and XP-G2
Maratac cu AA

There's an L10 Nichia 219 sitting in my mailbox right now...the suspense is killing me!

Zebralight H51w has to be my favorite and used often. Nitecore EA4W is a close second. I've tried so many other 1xAA flashlights and always find something I don't like. Hopefully I'll find the perfect light some day!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a low lumen enthusiast 1xAA is fine for me, but I like running 14500s and 3v CRAAs (in lights that are rated for it) to show-off and keep up with the (R)CR123 folks.

Favorites:
Quark AA - XML in NW
D25A clicky - XML in NW
Thrunite T10

Good lights, but 2nd tier for me:
SC52
H51w
L10, N219 4 mode

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Fenix LD40
Fenix MC10
Fenix TK20
Fenix TK40
Fenix LD10
Fenix LD20
Fenix LD22
Fenix L2D
damn i have lots of Fenix lights :whistle:

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for the Zebralight SC52. Wait, not voting?

I also really like the Zebralight H51, since I can put it down and aim the beam anywhere, or clip it to a shirt or belt, etc., and still aim the beam any where. So it is truly hands free even without the head strap.

My other lights are nice but not my favorites by far...

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm that type that's really only into AA battery flashlights and would like to know what everyone's favorite AA-cell lights are? Doesn't have to be all the lights you have, or have to own, it could be one you have used from a friend or one you have had in the past, etc.
Always looking to add to the AA family, so let me know which ones you love, thank you.

Peak Logan 17500
Peak El Capitan
Peak Kilimanjaro

.... (I actually only found 1 SureFire that uses AA) ....

Only the Outdoorsman E2L-AA and the Saint, as far as I know :)

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
My favorite AA lights are all made by zebralight. The H502d, SC52, SC51, H51. All great, the greatest being the H502d. The only other honorable mention would be the sunwayman v11r in neutral, with the AA extender.

JJohn

Enlightened
My all time favorite is the Zebralight SC51w. Perhaps the 52 will be better when a neutral version is available. Love the low levels for in the tent and stargazing while camping and the one touch easy access to high or low from off. Small size and good beam profile for night hikes too.

I also like my Fenix E25 in situations where throw is important. It has a nice focussed beam that works well to keep an eye on the dog when she is running off leash.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now my only AA light is ann incan Mini-Mag :( Sounds like an excuse to buy a Malkoff MDC :devil:

Latest posts