Will a Surefire E2DL head run on a single IMR 16340

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a Surefire E1B Backup, and was somewhat annoyed by the fact that it would not work on Li-Ions. Then I had the brilliant idea to buy a head from a 2-cell E-series light and run it on my E1B body with a 16340. So I broke out my googlefu and found out that it had been thought of before and worked, but couldn't find anyone who had tried running it on an IMR 16340. Would it work safely, and what advantage/disadvantage would it have against a regular Li-Ion?

Thanks for your help!lovecpf

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will work with reduced output... don't know what the cut-off voltage is as on 3.1V would not turn on...

Tailcap draw at 4.1V is 450mA so it's safe to use RCR123 as well, but since primary couldn't power it, it's safe to say that head will turn off before you reach critical voltage in IMR battery...

Don't ask about runtimes, though... depends on cut-out voltage... maybe someone else knows that detail...

jturner97

Newly Enlightened
I run a aw16340 label in my haiku and sometimes swap the head of my lx2 onto it for a nice pocket thrower. There is even a runtime chart in one of the new eb1 threads showing the discharge curve of it compared to similar lights. It actually looks pretty nice on a titanium tube as well.