• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series - E1E, E2E, E2D

AVAILABLE FOR ORDER !!!
Please use email at the bottom of this post for contact...

Tana SingLED...

SingLED is a replacement module for old and classic Surefire e-series lights (E1E, E2E, E2D, E2O)... latest version has Nichia 219B LED (90+ CRI), 1Amp driver with programmable driver with Tana3 firmware on it...

Each SingLED (as all my mods) are machined on small manual lathe and assembled (by me)...

PRICE:

Nichia 219B Custom Linear Driver (2.8-6V, 1 Amp on high, Tana3 firmware, 240 OTF lumens) and BRASS pill:
$90 (International priority/registered airmail shipping included)

For those who use Morse code, Single mode, 700mA version of the module is also available/possible...

Tana3 firmware:

Ac4PK01.jpg

Please contact via email for any info or order:

iDfBqtf.jpg

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT SingLED Nichia219 or XPG2 E-series modules/towers

XPG2 R5 driven by NANJG 101-AK-A1, 1.05Amp, 3-mode (Lo-Med-Hi), 2.8-6V linear driver... Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive around the LED for some extra shock-proofing...

Last edited:

scsmith

Newly Enlightened

Tana, do you have any guess on how much these will sell for? I'd really like to take the KX1 head off my E1e body, and put the old E1e head back on. I also have a friend who's looking for something like this for an E2e. This thread is great news!

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Tarik I'm definitely interested in one, this will make me hunt down a E1E!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

I should be able to keep the price around $70 (that includes paypal fee and international registered/priority airmail shipping)...

They are time consuming and I have no intentions to find a CNC machine to make bigger quantities, I will just make these while I have fun machining/assembling them... but so far these SingLEDs and TripLEDs completely replaced my plastic model kit modelling hobby I had so I should enjoy this stuff for few months for sure...

EDIT:
Oh, forgot to thank you for the interest...

Another thing... I managed to source an interesting driver that could be used for single CR123 (primary) battery usage... It has high mode (1.3A draw at the tailcap), low mode (0.3A draw at the tailcap) and STROBE... I know, I know... but strobe is necessary evil in this case... I just have to test it and see how the memory works (hopefully, there is none so it would just turn on high every time, thus rendering strobe almost invisible in majority of situations)...

Last edited:

wasteoid

Newly Enlightened

Will be watching this with interest, as per my post on CPF.

Consider one as reserved.

C

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Potting is the smallest issue with these... so I will probably fully pot inner part (which is tiny, anyway)... For those that don't want this (for future upgrades), of course, will avoid it...

As for XPG2, I do plan to make some of them as well... but for starters I will only offer Nichia219 with NANJG 101-AK-A1 driver (3-mode) as default... as soon as I have some made, I will sell them on CPFMP (unless I have any on order over PM in which case they are priority)... As I said, they will be ongoing mission, not a wave of them then a sudden stop... Every week there should be 4-5 ready for community... maybe less, maybe more... depends on many factors...

Once I'm satisfied with other LEDs (XPE2, XPG2) they will be out too...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the price up... so next week will probably be a week of SingLEDs instead of TripLEDs like previous few... but for those of you that already have bezel coming to me, don't worry, all parts are ready to go for quick turn-around...

RGB_LED

Enlightened

Tana, I subscribed to your TripLED thread, then saw this... :party: I've been waiting for someone to offer these for e-series bezels since I have a few e-series lights sitting around. I think I'll eventually be ordering one of your TripLED and 2 of the SingLED. I just put in 3 orders for other lights and accessories so I have to take it easy. :broke:

For now, I would like to order one of your Nichia 219 SIngLED and I'll look for the XPG-2 when you have them ready to go. Sending pm... :thumbsup:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tana, I subscribed to your TripLED thread, then saw this... :party: I've been waiting for someone to offer these for e-series bezels since I have a few e-series lights sitting around. I think I'll eventually be ordering one of your TripLED and 2 of the SingLED. I just put in 3 orders for other lights and accessories so I have to take it easy. :broke:

For now, I would like to order one of your Nichia 219 SIngLED and I'll look for the XPG-2 when you have them ready to go. Sending pm... :thumbsup:

Larry,

PM replied... thanks for the interest...

I'll be around for months/year to come, for sure... I'm taking a "vacation" from my career job, per my own choice and medical recommendations... I pretty much modded all the stuff from my collection so I'm trying to find a way to keep my hobby running... :)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I made another proto... this time using XPG2 R5 LED... next one will be with Nichia219 that should give the best beam, theoretically...

I'm somewhat satisfied with XPG2 setup so it will be in pre-order offer... I does have a slight tint shift towards yellow (like Kuku neutrals used to be)... I'm guessing because of this reflector with XPG/XPG2 3D tint... but the output is just great...

Last edited:

hockeypuck08

Newly Enlightened

I will take a XPG2 when they're ready.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will take a XPG2 when they're ready.

Roger that... you're added to my database waiting list...

Anyone else, if you're interested and want to make sure you reserve yours, PM me or just post here and I will follow the list when the production line is established... I've spent whole day today playing with focus point of Nichia and XPG2... XPG2 is optimized (these things have to be VERY precise to avoid doughnut holes), Nichia is brewing...

XPG2 on the other hand has to pass tint-shift exam as I'm not overly impressed with how 3D ended up... I once had another modder's "neutral" and it was basically the same - tint shifted towards yellow... I have another tint bin on order and will see how that one reacts to this tiny reflector...

donn_

Flashaholic

Tana...have you tried the XP-E2 in this mod? I'm very impressed with their throw performance in small reflectors.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tana...have you tried the XP-E2 in this mod? I'm very impressed with their throw performance in small reflectors.

I didn't try it yet... I did try Triple-XPE2 @ 3A configuration and I'm impressed with how much more throw it has compared to XPG2...

Once I get Nichia219 rolling (and XPG2, with some luck, darn tint shift), I will separate some time to do some experimentation with XPE2 as well... I like the variety of things... I do not foresee any improvement in throw combined with bezel reflector, but who knows...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

singledropin_dfasdfTANA_zpsf9d05af9.jpg

TANA.

What is the white something around XP-G2 LED?

Is is something a kind of thermal compound? Or anything else.

Please let me know, thanks.

Hello, my fellow modder... I see you're honing on your skills slowly...

Yes... it's thermal epoxy...

I do a lot of experimenting when modding so whenever you need an advice, I'll be happy to share my knowledge with you... :)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, top idea.

definitly up to purchase one of the XPG2 ones
(1 A max, L -> M --> H, remember last setting)
and post my interest.

... now searching for that other thread, which is mentionned ...
+ sending PM

Last edited: