Prometheus        
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

Default Re: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

Why am I now terribly tempted to buy one more of these

Thanks for posting in my Winelight thread and sorry you didn't get it. But now I'm really interested in the dropins.... especially since yours seem to be compatible with the older teardrop bezel design.

My previous experience with the drop-ins is with a neutral white 1A Veleno Designs module and that is absolutely brilliant - except that Mr Ku is no longer making any more of these and his dealers aren't ordering them in sufficient quantities for another run. He came up with two designs, one which had higher sidewalls and a recessed groove to accomodate the design of the "new" (current, in other words) E-series heads, and an older flat design which is compatible with the ancient "teardrop bezel" heads (yes, some of us have been on CPF a long time.. )

I have a couple of satin-gray E's with the teardrop bezels from a kinder, gentler time and I'm thrilled to see that your modules would most likely work with them, since they have flat sides and the same height as a MN01 stock lamp assembly. The MN01 has not changed across time, it's still the same height, only the internal structure of the lights is slightly different. Someone's posted a good comparison here. Seems like he ordered the teardrop version by accident.

Will drop you a PM once I decide on what I want
    Celebrating the ROP.. 5 years of history

I know these fit modern, hex style... but (shame on me) I never had a chance to get my a teardrop (bought one E2 and it went MIA)... also had a very cool dude offer to SHIP me teardrop bezel or whole E2 only so I can make exact measurements SingLED to fit but I wasn't brave enough to have him ship mint E2 Executive just for that... but... will figure something out as I do plan to offer 100% compatible teardrop SingLED for sure... among other few cool things I have in mind for upcoming weeks/months... I just need time... something I do have very little lately, thanks to higher forces...

One unique (for now) SingLED with boost driver, optimized for CR123 primary cells that I built and was testing trying to decide if should be offered along with other SingLEDs from post #1 is in offered on CPFMP WTS, if anyone is interested... It is optimized for primary cell but will work on IMR cell as well but - carefull... FULL POWER on IMR cell (340 OTF lumens) so running on high would HAVE TO BE LIMITED TO 30 SECONDS MAX or... some serious melting would probably take place after few minutes if left unattended...

Finally added Nichia219 SingLED with boost driver, 2.4-3.7V, 3-mode, to everyday offer... 120 OTF lumens on high (2 hours runtime on high from single CR123 primary cell)... HI-MED-LOW with memory (2 seconds when off... less than 2 seconds between clicks - mode changes, more than 2 seconds - turns on in last mode used)... modes are 100%/40%/10% (can't be rearranged)... great upgrade for E1E instead of stock MN01 bulb, for those who appreciate 3 modes in LEDs...

Can work on Li-Ion cell but CAUTION - IT WILL GET HOT IN 2-3 MINUTES ON HIGH SO LIMIT USE ON HIGH IN THIS COMBO FOR 2 MINUTES MAX !!! Low and Medium are fine with Li-Ion or IMR for whole duration of illumination... brighter on Li-Ion compared to primary cell... it could also work on 1xAA alkaline cell but there will probably be issues in fitment with custom e-series AA bodies - battery crushing... so be careful trying to get this lego together...

More details at the end of post #1...

Tana just wanted to say thank you again the drop-in is working great!

running-XPG2 R5

Quote Originally Posted by z98 View Post
    Tana just wanted to say thank you again the drop-in is working great!

running-XPG2 R5
    You're quite welcome, z98... I'm glad I could help you out with your light engine...

Flashaholic*

Default Re: TNT SingLED Nichia219 or XPG2 E-series modules/towers

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    completely replaced my plastic model kit modelling hobby I had so I should enjoy this stuff for few months for sure...
    I just came across this thread today and what can I say.... E-Series dropins available on mainland europe and a fellow scale modeler (btw... which scale?) .... great!

I will keep an eye on this thread especially since I have a E2E in my EDC rotation and an E1E I would love to EDC sometimes.

Cheers
    Thorsten

Quote Originally Posted by Xacto View Post
    I just came across this thread today and what can I say.... E-Series dropins available on mainland europe and a fellow scale modeler (btw... which scale?) .... great!

I will keep an eye on this thread especially since I have a E2E in my EDC rotation and an E1E I would love to EDC sometimes.

Cheers
    Thorsten
    Hehehe... I'm an Armor & AFV Braille scale fan (1:72)... but I do have two mean-machines half done in 1:35 (M1A2 SEP, Dragon and Merkava IVc, Academy) that I might finish maybe in 2-3 years from now, lol... as this new hobby is getting my 100% attention... about 50 unopened Revell and Dragon 1:72 models in my cabinet, just waiting patiently...

Check both links in my signature...

Guys... please take care of your PM inbox and 100 messages limit (especially when we're in correspondence, lol)...
    More and more lately I'm typing a reply only to get that famous message "quota met"...
    This is for both CPF and CPFMP inboxes...

Hey Tana, any word on the R&D of that 219 MN01 direct replacement unit?

Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    Hey Tana, any word on the R&D of that 219 MN01 direct replacement unit?
    Sorry... There will be none... As this driver proved too complicated to easily implement 2.8V cut-off and I cannot easily find affordable driver that I could use with SingLED, I've given up... there is that Nichia 219 paired with that rather cool boost driver that I added to post #1, costs little more than regular one but rather interesting as it's optimized for primary cell, has 3 nice modes with good UI and last 3 SingLEDs I've built and sent were - those...

I did have that one R&D pill that I installed a buck driver with reduced output and got - replacement for MN03, though... 120 OTF, 4 hours runtime on 2xCR123, safety voltage cut-off and all... but 2xCR123, MN03 replacement, not MN01... and I've decided to keep it in my only E2E-BK...

My R&D is concentrated to "Extreme thrower" series based on KX1/KX2/E1B/E2DL LED heads that should increase lux up to 20k (if possible) and "Extreme flooder" series based on KL4 which would be either XML2 or maybe even overdriven triple LED for 1000+ OTF lumens numbers... but not much time for R&D as I'm getting swarmed with TripLED and SingLED orders... so... eventually...

Damn, that's too bad. Any chance you could find a driver to offer a 1x123 singLED with only two modes, instead of three?

Damn, that's too bad. Any chance you could find a driver to offer a 1x123 singLED with only two modes, instead of three?
    Well, even if I do find time (and also get off my lazy butt) to finally expertise programming of Atiny13 chips on drivers that use them, there is still not any known driver to me that's boost and uses that chip... where were some in the past but no more, I think... I could only program these linear drivers (NANJG 101-AK-A1 and NANJG 105c) so chances are - zero to none... sorry... but this 3-mode is really good... UI is based on the time when light is turned OFF... so less then 2 seconds off and it goes to next level once on, but if left more than 2 seconds it stays in same mode, no matter for how long it was turned on for... so let's say you BLINK light in tactical mode... wait for more than 2 seconds and turn on again - still in same mode... basically, where I'm getting, you have a chance to NEVER change mode as long as you don't turn off then on again too fast...

Gotcha, that is a better mode selection than what I remember having on my 3 mode Veleno Designs e-series drop in. It was a complete gamble as to what mode I'd get when I turned it off and then back on.

I guess that spooked me so much, that I'd rather have a single mode, but the way you describe your 3 mode drop in sounds like it would actually work pretty well.

Gotcha, that is a better mode selection than what I remember having on my 3 mode Veleno Designs e-series drop in. It was a complete gamble as to what mode I'd get when I turned it off and then back on.

I guess that spooked me so much, that I'd rather have a single mode, but the way you describe your 3 mode drop in sounds like it would actually work pretty well.
    I like it... after going thru other modders single e-series towers, I had this thing in my mind how 3-mode, single primary module should be like... the modes on this one are not PERFECT as I believe they are 10%-40%-100% (I'd say 5%-30%-100% would be ideal, imho) but it's the only one relatively affordable for my build plus it proved to be durable with time... in combo with Nichia219 - I find it great...

Oh... it works on Li-Ion cell but whoever purchased it so far - AVOID USING ON HIGH IN COMBO WITH LI-ION !!! Or just limit running on high to up to 30 seconds run as it will get HOT and there is nowhere close enough thermal contact for heat to leave away from LED since full 1.5 amp is going to it... low and medium modes will be slightly brighter and are completely usable running from Li-Ion cell... high is limited only because it's too much wattage for this kind of heat-sinking...

One is already in use in Italy and two I've sent to US should arrive in 6-7 days... This could even work with incan bezel on E2L-AA body but I'm not sure of fitment, if it would be enough space in tube so no battery crushing happens... My E2L-AA will wait until I go to the States in October on vacation...

Just to be sure, we're talking about SingLED Nichia 219 with boost driver, 3-mode e-series module...

"two I've sent to US should arrive in 6-7 days"

Unenlightened

Thanks Tana, Igot both 219 and XPG module and I am happy with it. It sent with registeredpost and tracking that it’s quiet unlikely that the parcel will get lost. I evenreceived reminder from to pick it up the parcel from the post office as Iwas out of town for a week. Excellent service!!
    The module fit into the bezel head with precisionfit. Can see that effort been put into machining of the module. Good work !! Tana, keep it up, it’s good to have youaround.

Quote Originally Posted by fongskiz View Post
    Thanks Tana, Igot both 219 and XPG module and I am happy with it. It sent with registeredpost and tracking that it’s quiet unlikely that the parcel will get lost. I evenreceived reminder from to pick it up the parcel from the post office as Iwas out of town for a week. Excellent service!!
    The module fit into the bezel head with precisionfit. Can see that effort been put into machining of the module. Good work !! Tana, keep it up, it’s good to have youaround.
    Perfect, fongskiz... put them to good use !!! Thanks for the update...

Quote Originally Posted by CMAG View Post
    "two I've sent to US should arrive in 6-7 days"
    Hehe... USPS shows that it's getting ready to cross the ocean...

At this moment Tana has a selection of my delrin e-series tail shrouds as well as the 3 previously mentioned stainless tail shrouds and bezel rings.
    They are only available to buy from Tana with purchase of his SingLED drop-ins or with his TripLED conversion service.
    However if anyone is interested in a tail shroud or bezel ring separately then please PM me.
    I will be making another run of these parts in the next couple of weeks.

Delrin Tail Shroud (straight type) for E-Series Z57 Tailcaps (Surefire tailcap not included):

Delrin Tail Shroud (flared type) for E-Series Z57 Tailcaps (Surefire tailcap not included):

Stainless Steel Tail Shroud for E-Series Z57 Tailcaps (Surefire tailcap not included):

Stainless Steel Bezel Ring for E-Series Incandescent Head (Surefire head not included):

Stainless Shroud and Bezel Ring Set (Surefire flashlight parts not included):

Prices are:
    Delrin Shroud Straight $20 (4 available)
    Delrin Shroud Flared $20 (4 available)
    Stainless Steel Shroud $35 (3 available)
    Stainless Steel Bezel Ring $35 (3 available)
    Stainless Steel Shroud and Bezel Ring Set $65

Hope these are of interest.
    Last edited by Tofty; 07-05-2013 at 03:30 PM.

I will take one Stainless Steel Bezel Ring $35.00.

Email sent to Tana to work out details.

I hope this was the correct protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDAdd1ct View Post
    I will take one Stainless Steel Bezel Ring $35.00.

Email sent to Tana to work out details.

I hope this was the correct protocol.
    Yeah... whoever has something coming their way can add something from Tofty's pile to the mix... we don't know how many of these runs will be offered... one thing for sure, these things are SWEET... I was VERY concerned about bezel ring but this thing fits like a glove... just beautiful... I was never a fan of shiny things but after I installed bezel ring and shroud on my E1e-BK - that was it... I have TWO and BOTH will get this upgrade... Then black bezel ring goes on E2E-HA plus black flared delrin shroud on the other end for balance... lego fun continues...

Got it!! Thank you for the great job, and it is PERFECT for the old bezel. You'll understand when you get yours (hope it arrives soon). It mounts perfectly flush for maximum heatsinking.

You'll get this wonderfully smooth even beam, with just a tiny hotspot in the center. I believe the reflector profile is different to the hex bezel - the spot is smaller, but less light is captured in it. The hex bezel catches more light but has less spill. Regardless, the focusing spot is dead accurate, so great job and thanks again

After all these years I am finally able to use the teardrop heads again!

Classic E1e/E1 owners - you gotta get this. Seriously.
    Celebrating the ROP.. 5 years of history

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    Hehe... USPS shows that it's getting ready to cross the ocean...
    SingLED Nichia 219 with boost driver, 3-mode e-series module.
    Arrived today the only bummer is ,
    Today 7/12/2013, is saint Ican day, Anyway I have to confess my sin.
    Installed this baby in my E1e, nice spot with flawless transition to a even very large spill. The spill is as large as a mule, being a flood light fan I like this.
    Tower appears very well built, IMO 3 modes are spaced well and shifting gears is nice (no mode shifting unless you want)
    Tana, Thanks for the A#1 work you do.

Quote Originally Posted by CMAG View Post
    SingLED Nichia 219 with boost driver, 3-mode e-series module.
    Arrived today the only bummer is ,
    Today 7/12/2013, is saint Ican day, Anyway I have to confess my sin.
    Installed this baby in my E1e, nice spot with flawless transition to a even very large spill. The spill is as large as a mule, being a flood light fan I like this.
    Tower appears very well built, IMO 3 modes are spaced well and shifting gears is nice (no mode shifting unless you want)
    Tana, Thanks for the A#1 work you do.
    Great stuff, man... I'm glad you like it... but... shame on you for testing it on Saint Incan's day...

Even we LED fans have to pay respect to incan power...

Flashaholic

Got My Nichia219 B10 driven by 2.4-3.7V boost driver, 3-mode today in fine shape. The packaging was very secure. Fit and finish is excellent. Just installed in my black E1E and it's working great. I'm very satisfied with the work. Thank you Tana....

Flashaholic

I guess I could have posted some pics so here you go. Wow, I can see how fuzzy that led shot is sorry.

Untitled by whill44, on Flickr

Untitled by whill44, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by whill44 View Post
    Got My Nichia219 B10 driven by 2.4-3.7V boost driver, 3-mode today in fine shape. The packaging was very secure. Fit and finish is excellent. Just installed in my black E1E and it's working great. I'm very satisfied with the work. Thank you Tana....
    Excellent... thanks for the update... enjoy the little thing...

P.S.
    Classic and nice little lego you have going on...

Finally some time for experimentation... so many orders for the past few weeks, now it's a slight pause (at least until tomorrow, lol) so since I have nothing else to break, I decided to finally try a new LED in SingLED combo... so... few pics...

Results ??? Just like first XPG2 LED I've used, the hotspot is too yellow for my taste... so... now will carve new pill and try U2 1C from Illumination Supply... hopefully the hotspot remains neutralish like it did with R5 1C...

One good thing, actually... It's was PERFECTLY FOCUSED with the first try... now... how often does that happen ???
    Last edited by Tana; 07-14-2013 at 08:17 AM.

So... some beamshots made by Markus (thanks, dude): TNT SingLED Nichia 219 1A 3-mode vs. Surefire MN03 !!!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast