Sky Lumen        
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

Default Re: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

So... finally found time to finish a new thing...

TNT SingLED XML2 U2 1C 1.4 Amp 3-mode 2.8-6V with memory... It's NOT perfect... the hotspot is slightly towards yellowish... not that much like other e-series towers "neutral" that I've seen but still... enough to bother ME... probably will not bother some people... what brings the smile to the face is OUTPUT !!! At 1.4 Amps it's about 460+ OTF lumens... from a tiny module... That said, it is NOT recommended for newbies as this CANNOT be left on high until battery is depleted... caution is needed when using on high so once the head gets hot, it needs to be turned down a level, to medium... it is more complicated to make and asks for even tighter measurements to have even more metal-to-metal contact... but all that hassle seems like a play once it gets turned on high... this thing is BRIGHT !!!

Well its not fair that I always get to use others beam shots to help me in my purchase decisions and not contribute when i can, so here i go. These photos are of first the e1e stock bulb followed by Tana's SingLED Nichia 219 drop in, and his TripLED Nichia 219 600 lumen mod. Leds are in order of L-M-H. These are taken with my iphone at about 8 meters. The phone made the stock bulb look brighter than it was and the Leds look dimmer, but youll still get the idea. Thanks

mud_slinger

Quote Originally Posted by DLaird8201 View Post
    Well its not fair that I always get to use others beam shots to help me in my purchase decisions and not contribute when i can, so here i go. These photos are of first the e1e stock bulb followed by Tana's SingLED Nichia 219 drop in, and his TripLED Nichia 219 600 lumen mod. Leds are in order of L-M-H. These are taken with my iphone at about 8 meters. The phone made the stock bulb look brighter than it was and the Leds look dimmer, but youll still get the idea. Thanks
    Thanks for the beamshots, Dave...

Smile Re: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

Quote Originally Posted by DLaird8201 View Post

Beautiful photos, make good the difference in spot and spill between the single and triple led. They are excellent, just as they must be.
    Last edited by Norm; 07-24-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Tana,
    I will take 1 of the following if still available:

Nichia219 B10 driven by NANJG 101-AK-A1 (2.8-6V, 1 Amp on high, 3-mode L-M-H, 200 OTF lumens) and BRASS pill:
    $68 (total with PayPal fee and international priority/registered airmail shipping)\

Please send me your paypal information.

PM sent...

These usually are built per order so even if I don't have one, I will in two days...

But I've just came back from workshop and I carved one for Nichia219... your luck or what...

Perfect. Paypal sent.

Flashaholic

Bump for my Bosnian pal!

I would like to take one of the XML2 3 mode ones if possible, If you can send me your PP information I will send the funds.

Thanks,
    Russ

XML2 U2 1C driven at 1.4 Amps with NANJG 101-AK-A1, 2.8-6V driver, 3-mode with memory (Lo-Med-Hi)
    (460+ OTF on high) and BRASS pill:
    $82 (total with PayPal fee and international priority/registered airmail shipping)

New incoming from Tarik: TNT Extreme

E1B Head modded with XPG2 and 2.2A driver (KDv2, 3-mode, no memory): ~ 13.5k lux

Beautiful deep Reflector with a perfect center LED. The output on High - XPG2 on 2.2 Amps - is really awsome!
    The deep Reflector provides so much throw, i really didn't expect that it's so much more! The beam is very clean, bright Spot with enough Spill. No rings, donutholes or anything else. Perfect for EDC use!

I've compare it with my LX2 and stock E1B. The TNT Extreme even surpass the LX2!

Once more a perfect build, i'm very happy with it.

Thank you, my Friend!
    regards from Germany

Gunter .::TNT Enlightened::.

New results from modded E2L:

500+ lumens on high
    17k lux

All from single XPG2 R5 1C and driven at 2.6 amps...

Default Re: TNT SingLED Nichia219 or XPG2 E-series modules/towers

Tofty, PM sent.
    (Tana, sorry for misusing your thread.)

Default Re: TNT SingLED Nichia219 or XPG2 E-series modules/towers

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Tofty, PM sent.
    (Tana, sorry for misusing your thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    New results from modded E2L:

500+ lumens on high
    17k lux

All from single XPG2 R5 1C and driven at 2.6 amps...
    Hi Tarik!

Is this Mod usable with two primarys and fit a kx1 Head?
    regards from Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freeze View Post
    Hi Tarik!

Is this Mod usable with two primarys and fit a kx1 Head?
    Thanks to additional heatsink and getting rid of SF plastic ring and steel contacts, pretty much ANY driver can fit in it... Buck (2xCR123 like you said), Boost (1xCR123) or simple but robust linear drivers, anything goes...

Cool thing about linear drivers (NANJG 101-AK-A1 and NANJG 105c) is the fact that within few weeks I will be able to fully customize it... I'm using slow-down during vacation to LEARN... Fun stuff for sure... I'm enjoying two prototypes for the past few days...

Hey Tana,

I know it's been a while, but I'm curious if you've had any inspirations on the MN01 drop in replacement single mode tower? Or is that one still, for all intents and purposes, dead in the water?

Nice work you've been doing lately!

Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    Hey Tana,

I know it's been a while, but I'm curious if you've had any inspirations on the MN01 drop in replacement single mode tower? Or is that one still, for all intents and purposes, dead in the water?

Nice work you've been doing lately!
    I still didn't find a boost driver, single mode that has voltage cut-off in size that could be fitted inside these SingLEDs... It could've been doable in DIY way but I concentrated more into other stuff (such as reflectorizing KX1 and similar heads and turning them into little powerhouses and also - custom programming drivers that use Atmel control chips such as NANJG 101-AK-A1 and NANJG 105c but also few other custom made drivers which I'm trying to lay my hands on)...

Sorry my friend... SingLED with 3-mode boost driver is closest to MN01 replacement as once in low mode, it's not easy to switch to next mode unless you want to (mode switching is 2 seconds after OFF)... unless you really need to send Morse code with the light, this proved to be a rather good setup...

Oh, but I did fit one 5mm LED into burnt MN03 plastic housing, soldered everything and epoxied internals below... but I didn't manage measure amp draw at different voltages...

I still didn't find a boost driver, single mode that has voltage cut-off in size that could be fitted inside these SingLEDs... It could've been doable in DIY way but I concentrated more into other stuff (such as reflectorizing KX1 and similar heads and turning them into little powerhouses and also - custom programming drivers that use Atmel control chips such as NANJG 101-AK-A1 and NANJG 105c but also few other custom made drivers which I'm trying to lay my hands on)...

Sorry my friend... SingLED with 3-mode boost driver is closest to MN01 replacement as once in low mode, it's not easy to switch to next mode unless you want to (mode switching is 2 seconds after OFF)... unless you really need to send Morse code with the light, this proved to be a rather good setup...

Oh, but I did fit one 5mm LED into burnt MN03 plastic housing, soldered everything and epoxied internals below... but I didn't manage measure amp draw at different voltages...
    No need to be sorry! I'm just so used to my single mode drop ins I thought it would be REALLY nice to have one for the E1E. No worries, one of these days I'll get around to ordering a single cell, triple mode tower from you. Keep up the great work.

I will be able to fully customize it... I'm using slow-down during vacation to LEARN... Fun stuff for sure... I'm enjoying two prototypes for the past few days...
    Ha, you fix the connection problem? This is really cool, Buddy.
    regards from Germany

Ha, you fix the connection problem? This is really cool, Buddy.
    Yeah, after about 1000 tries with two SOIC clips I had, I tossed both of them in the garbage and went the old fashion way - soldered 6 tiny wires to 6 tiny legs on MCU chip... first try - success... I've flashed the driver at least 20 times so far, every time the same way - solder tiny wires... It takes a minute longer as if it would be with clip so no biggie...

For example: 3 mode linear driver. What is able to do with?
    Change the current for every mode? Of change from a 3 mode to a 2 or five mode? Blinking at some voltage for battery indication? Or maybe a free programmable mode by pressing the switch 10000 times in a 1/10 second?
    regards from Germany

Pretty much all those things... there are few examples out that have ramping (the driver ramps output in steady increments and about 25 levels change in like 4 seconds... to choose one you want just turn off when you reach wanted output and turn back on... it stays in that mode... and then you can use it for ages, as long as you let it memorize it every time you turn it on)... battery monitoring is also there... programmable modes... extended modes (not quite sure what those are)... BUT... they are all made by other people and I don't just want to grab their code, compile it and flash onto my drivers... I'm trying to write my own code with very simple mode selection (but still selectable by you, for example... you say you want 4%-20%-100% and I implement it)... I currently made one simple firmware but there is a glitch where at about 30th click repeats first mode TWICE instead of moving onto next mode... need to get rid of that glitch...

Also, I would like to implement two SETS of modes... for example first set is MOON-LOW-MED-HIGH and second set HIGH-MED-LOW (or just high for tactical use)... changes of sets would be done by user by certain clicking procedure (10000 times in 1/10 second like you said... or 20 clicks like Milky's drivers used to do)... it will be a while until I figure that one out...

Sounds great and provide my wishes!
    If i get my current project done i'll send you some heads for modding. What's about the kl4? Just opened one?
    regards from Germany

Sounds great and provide my wishes!
    If i get my current project done i'll send you some heads for modding. What's about the kl4? Just opened one?
    Sorry, I missed this post...

During the testing of my programmed drivers, I used XML LED with reflector in KX1 head and - it focuses GREAT... so the only mod I'm thinking about on KL4 head is TripLED... but not until someone makes copper triple LED PCB... I've thought about hybrid heatsink (aluminum/brass) for weight reduction and optimum heat transfer... I believe it could be possible to drive LEDs at 4.5 amps in this config (which would jump over 1000 OTF lumens with XPG2 LEDs)... but it's just on paper now...

For KX1 and similar heads with TIR/XRE2, they can be turned into reflector heads with XPE2/XPG2/XML2... Didn't try Nichia219 yet...

I'm stuck with two KL4 heads I can't open... and I don't want to push further to avoid scratches... I've opened two long time ago... now waiting for another one, (L4 setup actually) and will try to open that one... If I do, then it's going into a lathe to remove reflector (similar as with incan hex bezels)... I might test make TripLED on these aluminum boards and aluminum/brass heatsink, just for fun of it...

New incoming from Tarik: TNT Extreme

E1B Head modded with XPG2 and 2.2A driver (KDv2, 3-mode, no memory): ~ 13.5k lux

Beautiful deep Reflector with a perfect center LED. The output on High - XPG2 on 2.2 Amps - is really awsome!
    The deep Reflector provides so much throw, i really didn't expect that it's so much more! The beam is very clean, bright Spot with enough Spill. No rings, donutholes or anything else. Perfect for EDC use!

I've compare it with my LX2 and stock E1B. The TNT Extreme even surpass the LX2!

Once more a perfect build, i'm very happy with it.

Thank you, my Friend!
    I would be interested at a TNT Extreme with neutral tint

Smile Re: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

I think XPG2 is good for me and will take a XPG2 when they're ready.

Well... I'm trying to get two recently acquired KX1B heads that I managed to get with huge help from a friend in US shipped to me in Bosnia... so I'll have two to play with... but I'll tend to offer them in combo with E2E body (bored for 17670 cells and upgraded switch - McClicky for more reliability) so it's ready to use right away...

Right now I have one KX1B head that I turned into Extreme (XPG2, cool white, R5, 2.6 amps on high)... I measured about 17k lux (almost 100% increase over stock LX2/KX2C heads) and it's output is way above 500 OTF lumens on high... put together with E2E body bored for 17670 protected cells and tailcap upgraded with McClicky for reliability... but I just can't find the time to make sales thread in CPFMP lately... Anyone interested in this setup, send me a PM, I value this one at $168 shipped anywhere in the world (registered priority airmail)...

P.S.
    I was asked to offer this as a service, in addition to SingLED and TripLED services but... the only reason is that I don't have spare heads on hand yet... Once I have few heads, I will start the service in separate thread but for now I'm affraid to offer upgrade when I'm not 100% I can even OPEN the head as I've had few Surefire heads before that I couldn't open, had to give up... they were KL4's but nevertheless, I don't like the feeling opening someone's Surefire LED head w/o having a spare in case I scratch it - and it's easy thing to do... Also, it's weird but I can't find good quality strap wrenches in Bosnia so I'm using some old Alltrade I've ordered from Amazon... I'll restock on these wrenches on my upcoming trip to US and will probably offer these upgrades then - by then I should have 2-3 sets of good strap wrenches and few spare heads in case things go wrong...

I did accept few heads for modification but members convinced me that they entrust me with opening them and they wouldn't blame me if I scratch them...

Back to SingLEDs:

SingLEDs using NANJG 101-AK-A1 drivers can now be ordered with CUSTOM FIRMWARE which will cost additional $4 per driver for simple firmwares (2, 3 or 4 modes, Moon, Low, Medium, High sequence per your wish, with or without memory)... My favorite now is 2-mode with No Memory (10% and 100% brightness)... more complex firmware is coming soon but will differ in price from simple modes (hidden modes, programmable modes, etc)...

Back to SingLEDs:

SingLEDs using NANJG 101-AK-A1 drivers can now be ordered with CUSTOM FIRMWARE which will cost additional $4 per driver for simple firmwares (2, 3 or 4 modes, Moon, Low, Medium, High sequence per your wish, with or without memory)... My favorite now is 2-mode with No Memory (10% and 100% brightness)... more complex firmware is coming soon but will differ in price from simple modes (hidden modes, programmable modes, etc)...
    If one wanted a 2-mode, but with 100%/30%, or 100%/50% (instead of 100/10), would that be an option? And I'm assuming these would still be available in a single cell and two cell compatible format?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast