ASP Tac lite vs 6P

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the Tac lite next to a 6P while the Tac looks longer in the picture the 6P is actually 1/8 of an inch shorter.
ASP-and-6P.jpg

Next is a picture of the switch. I like the click on and off however when trying to use the momentary function it is too easy to click it on. Although it is recessed into the back I still fell it could be easily clicked on be accident (however this has not happened to me yet).
ASP-Switch.jpg

Now the reflector it is smooth and very much like that of the Tigerlight whit slight rings in it. The beam is smooth when at its tightest focus but I could not manage to get a nice round shape from it. The beam shot is a little deceiving as the 6P was noticeable brighter to my eyes and also much whiter. Both lights had new SF 123's in them. The Tac did have more throw testing it at about 210' in my back yard it was brighter by just a bit.
ASP-Lamp.jpg

ASP-vs-6P.jpg

The Tac is on the left.
grin.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Good post. I have a TAC light as well and often wondered how it rated vs a 6v Surefire. I had read that the throw was better, but the SF was whiter. FYI, I have had no trouble with the tail switch on the ASP light either.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be a tough choice to choose between my Triad & my 6P. However, my G2Z would win, hands down. TX

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is not the internal focus or I could definitely do this with a 9P and a P91 b/c this light only beat the P61 by a bit.
smile.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my other ASP as I also ordered one off e-bay. This one is the silver model and the package said Triad on the back! So I opened it and tried to turn the head and it would not turn so I pulled the reflector out and to my surprise it was the internal focus model! Although it does not have the teardrop shaped lamp it still is brighter than the first unit. I will have to test them outdoors tonight.
smile.gif

Latest posts