Fenix came through with a white TK35 Head!!

LightCrazy

Enlightened
Well, I e-mailed Fenix in China on March 6th about my TK35 with a green tint- I included pictures. Within 6 hours, "Nicole" e-mailed me back, said she was sorry about the tint, and that she was sending a new "head assembly". WOW!!! Around March 26th or so, I e-mailed Fenix Outfitters where I got the light, and asked if they could check on the status. I got an e-mail back stating that they are my service center- there are three in the country, and that they had my "Head". I got the replacement head today, made sure the Fenix 18560's were charged, and just went outside for some testing. There is a big difference in the beam!! :D The "Low" is not green, and the "Turbo" actually seems just a little bit brighter. BUT... I will have to settle for an Emitter that is not perfectly centered. There is a slightly oblong inner-most spill beam, if that is what you would call the area closest to the hotspot. It is noticeable inside on the wall, especially in Low and Medium, not on Turbo. BUT... outside, where I will use the light most, it is not even noticeable. So. Fenix took care of their customer once again. :thumbsup: No hassles. Now if I could only get rid of the green tint in the Low and Medium beams of my TK15 with the XP-G S2 emitter I would be really set. :D Karl

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
Congrats!! I have been waiting on one since about the same time as well. Mine was horrible green. Emailed them the day I got it and they said they would send out a replacement as well. After nearly a month of waiting I emailed and said they needed time to get one to one of their distributor. Then they would send one to me. I know they will make it right but I think the time it takes is a bit long.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
Aaron, I just PM'd you. Not sure where you live, you may want to contact the dealer I got my light from, maybe they are your distributor as well.

kj2

Flashaholic
I think I have to email Fenix too :) mine is from the first batch (820lumens) and green as hell.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
Give it a try. Fenix doesn't seem like they intended to send out lights with a green tint, or they would have given me a harder time getting a replacement. Who knows though, If I was not such a Flashahaulic, I may just have assumed the green tint in my TK35 was just an "LED" thing. But, it does seem like all the cheaper LED lights you find in the chain stores are either white or have a slightly blue/purplish tint to the beam. At least "I" have never tried one that was green.

JCD

Enlightened
It's a sad state of affairs when taking three and a half weeks to replace a defective product is considered "taking care of the customer." Even without advanced replacement, I can't think of anything that justifies such a long wait for the customer.

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
My first email reply from Fenix was on 3/4/2013 when they agreed to replace the head on my light. Still nothing letting me know they have shipped!!!

kj2

Flashaholic
Have emailed Fenix, and they answered. If I have problems with the tint, which I have, I have to solve this with my dealer.
IMO it would be easier if Fenix solves this problems on it's own, because they are still the one who have to send a new head. Why must a dealer be part of this??
Fenix ships it to dealer, dealer sends it to me.. would be easier and faster if Fenix would send it directly to the customers. Of course, Fenix has a lot to do and a dealership takes some
work of their hands but still..
But for now, my TK35 will sit in my Peli case where it will be dust-free and not been used.

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
Hey, finally received mine today. Looks like maybe a factory second. The bezel area has two dings in the anodizing. Also it does not have a serial number like the old one. BUT the good part is that it is a performer. Like LightCrazy I see a large amount of increase in the brightness of this one. Pretty much no green through all levels or brightness as well. A bit of purple in the spill on high but I realize that is expected. All in all pretty happy I guess. Just takes a long time and may possibly get a factory second for a replacement. For someone who buys a $100+ light that usually isn't considered acceptable. But in its class it is pretty much the best bargain for what you get in performance so it may be worth it to some folks to take the risk of not getting that perfect light the first time. Not what I have really grown to expect from Fenix but atleast now I have a light I can actually use.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
Thats great. My spill is a little off-center on the wall but outside I can't tell! My replacement does not have a serial number either. I also still can't log into the Fenix website and register the light!!! Every time I try I get the message that the email address and password I entered are already in use. No kidding!!! I used them for my other five lights. Website must be getting worked on or something.