EA8 problem

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a new ea8 and noticed the indicator light in the button doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue? I know my ea4 is dim so I checked it in a dark room no blink

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an EA8 on test right now, and the switch illumination is very very dim. I can only see it in a dark room and once my eyes have started to adjust. This makes the battery voltage readout very hard to see. It definitely is lit though, so if you really have nothing that is not right.

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
If its in not in lockout it should blink every few seconds right? Also when batteries are installed and exiting/entering lockout

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, it blinks about every three seconds when not in lockout mode. The lack of switch visibility and voltage display is about the only thing I don' care for in the EA8/4. It's amazing to me that nitecore hasn't yet changed that switch boot for something more transparent.

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
I put them side by side I can barely see the ea4 nothing on the 8 I will recheck tonight in total darkness after my eyes adjust, even if it is working it is by no means very useful cool light though