Michael Jackson Charged

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arrest Warrant Issued For Michael Jackson

yikes.

can i post some MJ jokes?

edited to say: ok Sasha, i will keep them clean-ish.

what did the woman on the beach say to MJ?
you are in my son.

when is bed time at MJ's house?
when the big hand is on the little hand.

Whats the difference between Michael Jackson and a bag... One is white.. made out of plastic and dangerous for kids to play with and the other one you carry grocerys in.

Bob

Greta

Flashaholic

Just keep them at a PG-13 rating... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's black and white and red all over?

Jackson with a white boy and a paddle.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know I'm opening myself up to getting flammed here, and I do not consider myself a prude ...... however.

Even though the jokes are intended in good fun, some people are sensitive to cases of child molestation and not a joking matter. Personally, I feel this is one crime that should get the death sentence.

Mike

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened

No facts yet to the public, just a warrant execution.
the DA and sheriff seem very smug at the press conference to to point of one liners.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Cheap shots with little compassion or understanding of the issues may provide needed comic relief for some. Cool. There are some serious lessons that can be learned from other's tragedies and mental shortcomings if one takes the time but then again learning may not be what one wants. If nothing else, I think Michael Jackson is a good example along with Howard Hughes in pointing out that an overabundance of wealth can be hazardous to one's well being.

*We* paid MJ to entertain us and he did a great job for many. We showered him with $'s and I believe his father drove he and his siblings hard. I certainly don't envy him! I feel sorry for him and if he is trying to find his own lost youth in the perversion of other youth, I hope all can be protected from this "deviant" behavior. I suppose a death sentence is one solution............

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

I never said Michael Jackson did anything. I simply commented on joking about child molestation and what an appropriate punishment should be for that crime.

Mike

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Mike,

I hope you don't think I was coming down hard on you there! From what I can gather one of the most likely means of reducing child molestation is to "break" the circle. Death to child molesters is certainly one sure method of breaking the circle. I'm not making any judgment calls here. Joking is one means we have of dealing with troubling issues. There is a time and place for such jokes, whether it's here in the Cafe is another judgment call. I saw the subject title in the thread and since I don't follow the news, I read this thread to see what was what. My bad.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think when he hung his son (?) off that balcony we`ve all seen on tv he lost credit with many...needs some help or something.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

No worries McGizmo,

I was just clarifying what my comments were and were not. I also would not try to tell folks not to post jokes about it. People who know me, know I am the most politically incorrect person on the planet and will speak my mind to anyone without hesitation. Trust me, my in-laws have learned this the hardest of ways. I have also told more than my fair share of tatesless, insensitive, politically incorrect and just plain dumb jokes in my life time. It's not up to me to pass any kind of judgement on anyone or try and dictate what anyone should do or say. My opinions are mine and mine alone.

I only wanted folks to think about what it is they are joking about. The words "molestation", "sexual assualt" all basically mean rape .... in this particular context it would mean the possible rape of a child/children. Again, I'm not saying Michael Jackson did anything. I strongly believe you are innocent until proven guilty.

In any case, anyone who has been touched by something like this whether as a victim, relative or friend would not neccesarily think it was something to joke about.

Hey, I'm just sayin'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's about time they nab this freak. Hopefully he doesn't buy his way out of this one, but he is in Ca. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Mike, you are right, string 'em up. The current capital punishment is too kind. But again, Ca has none, they're better than the rest of the country.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

From the ABC news headline posted above:

"His lawyers are negotiating his surrender to California authorities"

I guess child molestation is not a serious enough offence to warrant a "no knock" raid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Badbeams said:
I think when he hung his son (?) off that balcony we`ve all seen on tv he lost credit with many...needs some help or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taken as a lone incident , this baby on the balcony incident was incredibly hyped.
The baby was suspended for a second at most and any parent that's ever playfully tossed their child (or any child) into the air has risked similar consequences.
Unfortunate and unthinking... definitely.
Proof as unfitness as a parent... no way.

Just my opinion.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe in frontier justice, for quite a few things ..... but especially for crimes against children.

I also believe there is a special place in hell waiting for those who harm children. And I don't mind speeding up the process of them getting there either.

Time to go do something productive and positive, this topic really kind of angers me.

Mike