Problem with my 44DD Ti. Need help.

aaltl

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I recently bought a used 44DD from a fellow CPF member. Light was working when I received it and after opening the light to check the battery, the light no longer works after I replaced the battery. I tried the battery both ways in case i was missing something and also tried charging the battery on my PC USB port with the bundled charger but still no juice.

What am I missing?

Thank you.

Arm and Leg

Banned
Hi

I recently bought a used 44DD from a fellow CPF member. Light was working when I received it and after opening the light to check the battery, the light no longer works after I replaced the battery. I tried the battery both ways in case i was missing something and also tried charging the battery on my PC USB port with the bundled charger but still no juice.

What am I missing?

Thank you.
There are 2 things that could have happened.

1. The battery shorted out/died.
2. The QTC pill fell out.

Maybe someone else has some other ideas, but I'd check those first!

aaltl

Newly Enlightened
Hi thanks for your reply.

What does the QTC pill look like? At the base all I see now is metal contacts. Same with the top half.

Arm and Leg

Banned
Great, I knew it!
You need to be careful as the older designs are a pain to not lose the pill.

Anyways, although the 44DD has o-rings, you should not take it swimming, a bit of rain won't hurt it, but you can never trust it being under pressure and submerged.

Last edited:

kemosabex

Newly Enlightened
That's strange. Without the QTC the light should operate in a single mode, at the highest output.
Does your 44DD work now?

Norm

Retired Administrator
As stated above your light should work without the QTC (mine does fine), I've also worn mine in the shower everyday for at least two years. The QTC will not just fall out it's held by the magnet in the base of the light.

Norm

Arm and Leg

Banned
As stated above your light should work without the QTC (mine does fine), I've also worn mine in the shower everyday for at least two years. The QTC will not just fall out it's held by the magnet in the base of the light.

Norm
Norm, in owning a Quantum Ti, it would also not function without the QTC.
I hope Steve would chime in.

KuKu427

Enlightened
If the QTC fell out the light will still work as a single mode unless the shrink wrap on the tail of the battery isn't shaved off.
Please contact me at [email protected] if you are still having issues with your light.

DD series lights are rated as splash proof. You can go deeper if you are not twisting the light underwater.

aaltl

Newly Enlightened
My light has been working I since I put the qtc back. Yet to try it again without. May give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks for that Norm. Now I don't have to remove it everything I shower!

Steve, does that include casual beach swimming as long as I don't use the light?

Norm

Retired Administrator
! Steve, does that include casual beach swimming as long as I don't use the light?

I do not take mine off in the pool, but I think Steve would say it's at your own risk. No problems so far.

Keep O rings lubed.

Norm

KuKu427

Enlightened
My light has been working I since I put the qtc back. Yet to try it again without. May give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks for that Norm. Now I don't have to remove it everything I shower!

Steve, does that include casual beach swimming as long as I don't use the light?
I've done that with mine and haven't had problems.
Like Norm said, keep the o-ring lubed and you should be fine.