first REAL Test of My LSH-P Since the Blackout

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EchoSierraTwo

Last night at around 9 PM. I was settling in for the night. I am spending some time with the family and the dog, when I hear a LOUD crash outside of my apartment door in the hallway (I live in NYC). The Chandelier in the downstairs vestibule fell and apparently killed all the hallway lighting in the building. Out comes the LSH-P. She really work best when there is COMPLETE darkness. Lit up the hallway quite nicely. Anyways to make a long story really short. I used it to help my wife sweep up the glass and install temporary lighting. Also to install a new fuse in the fuse box in the basement which was also knocked out. People call me crazy for liking lights the wy that I do, but they really appreciated it last night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do come in handy. I remember when a huge substation transformer exploded and blacked out all of North Hollywood, CA. I lived there at the time. There was no emergency lighting in the hallways where I lived, and, I had NO flashlight, though I did have a Bic lighter (I smoke). Better than nothing at all, though a Mag Solitaire would have been better. LED lights did not exist back then. I would have been happy with any flashlight.

It exploded due to way too much overload from all the air conditioners.

HesNot

Enlightened
I actually found a use where the LSH-P was not my best choice

My son woke up early this morning and my AAA was out in my car (not typical) and my LSH-P was the most handy so I pulled it out to find a sweatshirt and just having awoken in a dark room the LSH-P was REALLY, REALLY bright!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Reminder to self, that is why I have a AAA and AAA (red) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts