How does Stinger/PolyStinger compare with 8NX re brightness, runtime?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I have the Polystinger which now has a completely faceted (textured) reflector, so the beam is more "Surefire-like" and am considering the 8NX after (if) Surefire remedies the B90 problem. I'd rather get impressions from users rather than manufacturer's specs

I found only one very brief comparison in "Search".

Brightnorm

WaltH

Enlightened
Hey Brightnorm,
I have both the 8AX, and a brand new polystinger. The stinger wins hands down except for beam quality...and that is a VERY close contest with the stinger on tight focus.
I get the full advertised hour of run-time out of my stinger, and if I charge the 8AX batter overnight, I might get 20 minutes on a fresh battery.
I have spoken with SF CS several times regarding this and gotten the runaround every time. Last I was told was they were having their chargers re-engineered by another company and that the batteries were fine...now I find out it's going to be 10 weeks (which translated into SF time who knows how long) before new batteries are released which should solve the problem.

(Talk about run-on sentences!)

The 8AX is a beautiful light if it just worked as advertised. I would like to see a metal stinger, stinger HP, and ultra stinger but for the money, 79 bucks, I couldn't pass on the poly.

Don't waste your time on a SF rechargeable until they start getting rave reviews here.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by WaltH:
Hey Brightnorm,
I have both the 8AX, and a brand new polystinger. The stinger wins hands down except for beam quality...and that is a VERY close contest with the stinger on tight focus.
I get the full advertised hour of run-time out of my stinger, and if I charge the 8AX batter overnight, I might get 20 minutes on a fresh battery.
I have spoken with SF CS several times regarding this and gotten the runaround every time. Last I was told was they were having their chargers re-engineered by another company and that the batteries were fine...now I find out it's going to be 10 weeks (which translated into SF time who knows how long) before new batteries are released which should solve the problem.

(Talk about run-on sentences!)

The 8AX is a beautiful light if it just worked as advertised. I would like to see a metal stinger, stinger HP, and ultra stinger but for the money, 79 bucks, I couldn't pass on the poly.

Don't waste your time on a SF rechargeable until they start getting rave reviews here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Walt,

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Brightnorm