3400 mah Batteries for Zebralight H600w and Eagletac D25LC2, Orbtronic or Eagletac?

javan

Newly Enlightened
Firstly, I'll admit, I'm not even sure these are the best choice, I'm noobish to this lighting craze, and I need a new obsession like I need a hole in my head, but, I just ordered an H600w, as I need a new HL, and I'm hoping this is the one.

This is my first light using a non-"old school" standard format battery, so I know nothing about the specialty sized LI batteries. I assume the higher mah the better (probably wrong), and it seems from my searches that the Panasonic NCR18650B based cells are the best. If that's correct, I'm seeing primarily the Orbtronic and the Eagletac versions. Are these essentially the same performance? I know that the Eagletacs fit the H600 tightly, but I'm uncertain about the Orbtronics?

Price is pretty much the same, and I can't seem to find free shipping on either, so it doesn't matter which to me, just want to make sure I'm making the correct choice.

I'm also buying a Eagletac D25LC2 (not sure clicky or mini yet), and would like the cells to work in both devices. If there's a better cell out there, I'd love to know where and why.

Hopefully I'm not being redundant here, but I tried searching many combinations and couldn't find out if the Orbtronics fit or not.

Thanks all!

Mooreshire

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

My Orbtronic batteries fit my H600w without issue. The negative contacts do get a light pattern of spring scratch marks on them after repeatedly screwing and unscrewing the cap, but it doesn't bother me or seem effect the batteries at all. For me the Zebralight has sufficiently intelligent battery protection built into it that I trust it with (less expensive) unprotected Panasonic 3400mah cells, but if you might be using the batteries in other lights/applications then protection circuits are a good idea.

Orbtronic.com ships free to me but I don't know where you are located - did you go into their shipping calculator and look for a USPS free option? - eBay has a listing right now with free U.S. shipping for TWO Orbtronic 3400mah cells at less than a dollar more than orbtronic.com's price.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome,

Here is a great chart of 18650 sizes from member HKJ.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650Summary UK.html

The chart doesn't have the Orbtronic 3400's but does have the Orbtronic 3100.
The Orbrtonic 3100 are slightly bigger in diameter and length compared to the Eagletac 3400.
So it is safe to say the Orbtronic 3400 will be bigger than the Eagltac 3400.
The Eagletac 3400 are some of the smallest sized protected 3400mah.

I don't know if the Orbtronics will fit the H600 but you could just stick with the Eagletacs to be on the safe side.

javan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I will stick with the Eagletac cells, if there's no draw back other than price, as I found some with cheap shipping and current availability.

Is the NiteCore IntelliCharge I4 gen 2 a suitable charger for these?

space-cowboy

Newly Enlightened
Orbtronic 18650 3400mAh is compatible with Zebralight H600w and Eagletac D25LC2.

I do not know what is your location,
but at Orbtronic shipping is free for US customers.

javan

Newly Enlightened
Orbtronic 18650 3400mAh is compatible with Zebralight H600w and Eagletac D25LC2.

I do not know what is your location,
but at Orbtronic shipping is free for US customers.

Thanks all.. I ended up just ordering some Eagletacs from ustcover off ebay, since the shipping was cheap, and I'm going out for a hike this weekend and was uncertain about the Orbtronics at the time. I was worried I wouldn't have batteries by Sat.

I'll probably order some Orbtronics also, since they're cheaper. I couldn't find a thread elsewhere that indicated whether they fit though, so hopefully the info here will be useful.

Thanks again for all the help!