New Sunwayman triple M60C due out soon.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a nice improvement over the T60CS. Still got the huge gaping charging hole though! Big enough for many things to fall in and short out the light. I would guess that the supposed mod/plug for the T60CS will never happen then? I mean if they were going to fix T60CS, why would they release a new light with the same problem?

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201303/121.html

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed this one from the CPF ads a couple of days ago.

My initial thoughs were that I like the design, I like the fact that there are only a few modes on the selector ring and that it's using the latest xm-l2. I also like that each mode is marked on the ring.

After reading through the specs, it seems as though the modes on the dial are in bizarre unintuitive positions and there are several hidden modes that require you to remember various sequences of twists and turns. Like 90% of new lights these days, it looks like another UI that has been designed by a computer programmer and not someone who actually uses these devices outdoors.

IMO, SWM should just forget about this charging cradle idea. Exposed charging terminals are never a good idea and neither is unbalanced charging of li-ion batteries in series. OK, the protection circuit in the batteries should prevent any major catastrophe, but this is not ideal and there are bound to be people who will use unprotected cells.

a lot of these new premium Chinese manufacturers (SWM, nitecore, klarus, jetbeam, zebralight etc.) have got it in their heads that more modes and more functions is better when the exact opposite is true.

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
Received my M60C the other day. Very nice light, seems well made. Good heft, but fills the hand nicely. The UI works for me. From the OFF position one turns left (CC) for the 2500 lm. Right from OFF takes you through the moonlight (very) to the low, mid, hi, sos and strobe. Backing out of strobe or sos and back to strobe or sos within a second or so puts one into Police strobe (double blink-pause-double blink) and backing out twist back forward goes to "aircraft" (blink-pause-blink-pause-blink, etc). Hiden, yes, but not that tough to get to, especially since one wouldn't use them much, IMHO, of course. As for the charging terminal I did the same thing for this one as the T60- put two self adhesive clear silicone furniture pads, sticky to sticky, (Home Depot or Lowes) 3/8" / 10mm in it after I cut a small edge off to get a finger nail under it to pop it out. Covers 95% of the terminal. I'd heard that Sunwayman was going to produce a plug for it, but I guess not yet.

Kilted

Enlightened
Is any one planning a review? I find it interesting the light has almost no comments, no reviews, etc. Not just here on CPF but on internet search also.

I have the T60CS and I really do not care for the push button that much. Checking the prices it's a bit steep just wondering it its worth it.

=D~~ Kilted

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a T60CS. Finding the switch in the dark was impossible in a hurry. I would get an M60C if it wasn't so expensive. The huge difference in price with the T60CS is unjustified. I doubt SWM is selling very many.

kj2

Flashaholic
Has been a while now. Can someone post some pics and maybe a video. Will be grateful if anyone can post a mini-review.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a T60CS. Finding the switch in the dark was impossible in a hurry. I would get an M60C if it wasn't so expensive. The huge difference in price with the T60CS is unjustified. I doubt SWM is selling very many.

I had a T60, certainly OK for me. I did not use the charging port - plugged it with a cut-down felt pad that would normally attach to the bottom of a chair leg. I sold it to a doctor who wanted something in that power range. So far he is very satisfied. Yes, the on/off switch was difficult to find - see below. The T60 was my first triple light.

I now have the M60. It does have a 'quality' feel to handling/operating it. The M60 is brighter than the T60. same charging system - I still plugged the hole. I do like the detent ring action - not fully variable, however with two lower and two higher levels in one direction, or full output in the other direction I have no problems. Certainly usable. No complaints, except the cost.....

Hint: To assist the user to find a switch, or simply to keep a light from rolling: Drop some hot glue blobs on either side of the switch on the metal to provide a couple locator bumps to find the switch. To keep the light from rolling, drop a few dots around the perimeter of the base of the light. The hot-glue does not harm the light finish. Very easy to remove if you do not like the size of the bump.
I now tend towards larger/longer bumps since some of my little ones were too little or were getting knocked off.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
KJ2: I hope you ordered last night. That $172 price for an M60c disappeared this morning. :eek: Apologies! Not sure whether the entire Sunwayman sale was a 1-day check to see if we were watching or what. I was actually thinking of ordering a 2nd copy!

kj2

Flashaholic
Ow.. Date at the top of the page said, sale would be till 26th of December. O well.. A few bucks more, I can take it. (Luckily)

edit; just ordered at DoingOutdoor. Have ordered there before. Shipping will take some time now, with Chinese newyear.
Now I hope it will pass customs, without having to pay fees. Something what will happen if I order from the US ;)
Funny thing. Have placed my order, and now the light is gone from the page. There was only one left in stock, but normally
it should say- not in stock.

Last edited:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ow.. Date at the top of the page said, sale would be till 26th of December. O well.. A few bucks more, I can take it. (Luckily)

edit; just ordered at DoingOutdoor. Have ordered there before. Shipping will take some time now, with Chinese newyear.
Now I hope it will pass customs, without having to pay fees. Something what will happen if I order from the US ;)
Funny thing. Have placed my order, and now the light is gone from the page. There was only one left in stock, but normally
it should say- not in stock.

Good Luck with Customs. The German Customs seems to try for even small amounts of Euro, and their time is free. I have had them argue for even 20 Euro. One Zoll officer argued with my daughter in Freiburg im Breisgau about a used laptop I sent her, except my daughter did not give up and kept arguing. Finally the Zollbeamtin (female Customs officer) gave up and let her take it. :)

BTW, not to be terribly picky, but I do have a generic complaint about lights with battery carriers that use a wide flat surface for a contact, such as on the V60, T60, M60 and others. The symptom is that you are using the light, moving it around, setting it down, picking it up, etc. and suddenly it flickers briefly and turns off. nothing seems to turn it on, except a removal of the head and wiping the battery carrier end(s). The problem is that during cell changes, when the user sets the battery carrier end down on a desk, it is usually standing on end. That means that the slighly oily carrier end picks up dust and crumbs from the desktop. When the carrier is reinserted back in to the light, at first the contact is made, but after a bit of jiggling and jostling, the dirt moves a bit over the surface of the broad contact (not the spring contact) and electrical conductivity is lost. This has happened for me with all of the above Sunwayman lights. The user needs to remember to clean the carrier ends, preferably both of them. and maybe a cotton swab with some DEOX on it to refresh the electrical conductivity.

goomashoom

Newly Enlightened
Illumination Supply has the Sunwayman M60C on sale for $144. That's 1/2 off MSRP of $288. It's the best price I could find last night. Up to now, the Nitecore EA4 has been my most powerful flashlight, and also up to now, I've stayed away from 18650 powered lights because I prefer the easy availability of AA batteries. I bought a Zebralight SC52 a few months ago, some 14500 batteries, and a Nitecore i4 charger.