Is Zebralight worth the waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeL

Newly Enlightened
Is Zebralight worth the waiting? Maybe soon or not so soon, sc52w, s5310, sc600mkIIw, s6630w may be release. Or may not be release.

Zebralights have a unique combination of features that make it worth waiting for me.

Regarding the "w"s, I'm using about half an year now several lights with neutral white LEDs - after years in cool white I finally see colors again :) I would prefer high CRI, but the current "w"s are a beginning. I have waited for a SC600w, and I will surely wait for a SC52w, and maybe for a SC600wMkII.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I would agree overall but I feel much more railed in by their headlamps because there's really nothing else like them out there. When it comes to their hand held models they're quite unique as well but sometimes there are options that "come close."

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
In short, YES! I've owned and pocketed many lights now but I still keep coming back to my herd of Zebras again and again. With other brands the new wears off and then they sit on a shelf.

chicken dave

Newly Enlightened
Absolutely NOT worth waiting for. I love Zebras - I've got three. But until new products are actually shipping, I'm not getting sucked in again. I've been waiting for the Q50 for two years. I used to watch their "upcoming models" spreadsheet, only to see dates pushed back and models disappear. I've had it with vaporware.

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralights have a unique combination of features that make it worth waiting for me.

Regarding the "w"s, I'm using about half an year now several lights with neutral white LEDs - after years in cool white I finally see colors again :) I would prefer high CRI, but the current "w"s are a beginning. I have waited for a SC600w, and I will surely wait for a SC52w, and maybe for a SC600wMkII.

Exactly!! Between cool white and the neutral W versions (about 4200k), the neutrals are much easier on the eyes. It's really is a comfort to get that nice tint when out backpacking in the middle of nowhere, outside running, walking the dog, whatever! I'll admit it looks dingy when compared right next to a Nichia 219 or even a 5000K XM-L T6, but way better than settling for a cool blue. Take an H600Fw and run it on high = I love it!

As far as waiting...IT DEPENDS. Do you need a functional light right now that another manufacturer already sells? For example, S5310 vs Nitecore EA4. Yes the Zebralight UI is great but if you really need something to use now the EA4 is similar and will get the job done.

Now regarding tints...should someone get impatient and buy an SC52 if they REALLY want only neutral tints in their collection like me? NO WAY. Just be patient, the SC52w is coming.

As for vaporware, forget it. Don't wait on Zebralight or any company for that matter to release the next best, latest-and-greatest thing. It may never come (Zebralight Q50). As much as I wanted to see this model, it's not worth getting upset over and mad at Zebralight.

Warsaw

Newly Enlightened
I'm fanboy of Zebralights ;) Awesome runtimes, awesome design, awesome amount of light vs size. In my opinion worth to wait :)

<3 Zebra

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I don't really get the question.
What does it meen "worth waiting" - as opposed to not wait and get something else or not buy anything at all?

There will allways be newer lights (or whatever product we are talking about) around the corner.

If you right now need a light and want an 18650 model there are SC600, SC600w still availiable, the new SC600 MKII.
If you absolutely want the MkII in neutral white - then wait
If you want a smaller light there are SC31 or SC31w if CR123 is OK, If you want AA and cool white is OK there is SC52, if you want AA and neutral white there is SC51w.
And of course there are other brands also.

But if you have other lights that works, no money that needs to be spent immediatly and absolutely wants an SC52W - well, then you have to wait for a while.

I have plenty of lights so I don't see any need to buy something I don't think suits me well.
Right now I don't have any urge to buy any light but maybe/probably I will get the SC52w when/if it comes out.

markr6

Flashaholic
Now that I think of it, like 99% of their products are "Out of Stock" and have been for months...so you pretty much HAVE to wait. LOL I know, I kid but still love ZL.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are other places to order other than directly from Zebralight. So, no, you don't have to wait.

I don't understand this thread either. I think they make great lights, very bright, great UI, and small. And they keep getting better. I really like the battery meter, additional levels, and 14500 support in the SC52.

markr6

Flashaholic
There are other places to order other than directly from Zebralight. So, no, you don't have to wait.

I don't understand this thread either. I think they make great lights, very bright, great UI, and small. And they keep getting better. I really like the battery meter, additional levels, and 14500 support in the SC52.
I don't want to speak for the OP, but I assume he is speaking about the different "flavors" of Zebralight. Based on all their other models, they consistently release the neutral emitters after the cool white...it's just a matter of when. I for one am waiting since I want an SC52w. I know I can get something else with a similar tint NOW, but the UI is perfect in my opinion and I'm a big fan of Zebralight so it's worth the wait.

jcw122

Enlightened
I really, really like their configurations, but I'm wary about their 1 year warranty...that's too short for the flashlight industry IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts