Surefire KL4 mod ?

marklanchafan

Newly Enlightened
HI

I have one Surefire KL4
It seems can be separate into few parts.
I want to have my E2D bezel on it.

Do anyone know how to do it?
Thank you

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just want to unscrew the ring, then...

Dip the bezel shortly (10-20 seconds) into boiling water to losen the loctite in the threads (only top part, half way... so lens goes first and it's enough once whole ring is submerged, do not dip whole head in)... then while still warm (don't burn yourself) try to unscrew with hands... You could tape two strips of two sided tape around both ring and bezel for extra grip... should unscrew right off, with some luck (depends how much threadlocker is installed)...

You could try to grip with some rubber tooling, like jar lid openers, in case you have access to small and quality ones...

marklanchafan

Newly Enlightened
You just want to unscrew the ring, then...

Dip the bezel shortly (10-20 seconds) into boiling water to losen the loctite in the threads (only top part, half way... so lens goes first and it's enough once whole ring is submerged, do not dip whole head in)... then while still warm (don't burn yourself) try to unscrew with hands... You could tape two strips of two sided tape around both ring and bezel for extra grip... should unscrew right off, with some luck (depends how much threadlocker is installed)...

You could try to grip with some rubber tooling, like jar lid openers, in case you have access to small and quality ones...

I have tried that. It seems very hard. My KL4 .... :shakehead

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
You tried two sided tape and warming up at the same time and it won't budge ???

OK... buy a 6-pack, go find a 6foot6 furniture mover, give him 6-pack and ask him nicely to unscrew your warmed up KL4 with two sticky things on it...

Or see if you can find two Alltrade got/strap wrenches, small ones... that might help...

marklanchafan

Newly Enlightened
THanks for the suggestion. I will try it tomorrow. I did use some rubber band. but it did't work at all.
Hope tomorrow I can do it.