Where to get Lux-RC engines from now?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Firstly I apologise if this has been discussed before. I tired searching on my phone but that seems to be useless. If this has been answered elsewhere please post a link and I'll bugger off in that general direction :)

Anyway as the title suggests Sergi seems to be spending all his time on that Fat Boy light of his and his site has had 'coming soon' under the DIY section for quite a while now.

So if its even possible anymore, how can I order his triple light engines? Part of my problem is that I want to use that selector dialogue he used to have but that is no longer available.

An email to him might be a bit more productive than a forum post....I should probably start there.

Any clue what's going on?

- Matt

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
let us know :popcorn:

Not like my budget can handle it at the moment, but he definitely makes gorgeous lights with a great output and excellent choice of emitters and color.
Last time I e-mailed him he still had a few in stock and said he makes a batch every now and then.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to Serge they still sell them. Orders can be placed through the sales area of Lux-RC (which is Serge anyway).

I need to email him back and ask if he still has various power drivers, or if they're all the same driver now. I need this triple for a very small light and I don't want to be sticking a full 15W unit inside...

Last edited:

Arm and Leg

Banned
OK so this was Serge's response:

So from that he's stating what are the most popular but I'm guessing higher output cool white emitters would still be available.

I need to email him back and ask if he still has various power drivers, or if they're all the same driver now. I need this triple for a very small light and I don't want to be sticking a full 15W unit inside...
Well, good that you got a response, I am waiting on an order, hopefully it will be here within 2-3 months...

Hey though, just so you know, I don't think posting someone's private message/email is allowed, so you may want to remove it.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey though, just so you know, I don't think posting someone's private message/email is allowed, so you may want to remove it.

The question was asked to a business' sales department, and there is nothing private contained within - it's just an inventory update. Furthermore, this information is relevant here and would probably prove helpful to a number of people.

That been said, just in case (or until a mod can confirm) I'll remove it.

- Matt

Arm and Leg

Banned
The question was asked to a business' sales department, and there is nothing private contained within - it's just an inventory update. Furthermore, this information is relevant here and would probably prove helpful to a number of people.

That been said, just in case (or until a mod can confirm) I'll remove it.

- Matt

Edit: Looked at the rules and found this:
The Rules said:
It is not appropriate for any member of CandlePowerForums to post and/or quote in the open forums any part of a private communication that is authored by someone other than themselves. This includes, but is not limited to, emails and private messages. Private communications, for these purposes defined as anything that is not originally posted in the open forums, are just that - private. The author has a reasonable expectation of it remaining so. CandlePowerForums honors and respects that and unless there are certain exigent circumstances (determined by a member of the CPF staff), you will be asked to remove the material in question and/or it will be removed for you by a member of the CPF staff. Depending on the severity and/or repetetiveness of the offense, posting privileges can be removed temporarily or permanently.

Last edited:

Rjkpsmith

Newly Enlightened
Aha, finally someone has asked the question I have been wondering for the past few months. When Lux-RC transitioned to the new website I was on the verge of making an order from them. Ugh - I have been checking the website every so often to see if they had the triples back up for sale. Hopefully they will sell me some via an email. The Lux-RC triples really are the gold standard for performance flashlights it seems. Can't wait to get some and put them in a few lights. :)

Lux-RC

Banned
how can I order his triple light engines?

Hi Mattaus and everyone!

Please email me at serge[AT]lux-rc.com (replace [AT] with @) or Skype ("lux-rc" name) or PM. Skype & email works much faster :)

The triple engine current version is 334. You can download the datasheet from this location. I'm sure it answers most questions.

Sorry for the mess at lux-rc.com, I'm not the best when it comes to web design job. Really busy with electronics now.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for replying Serge :)

One thing I'm not not clear on - are the different types still available? As per the data sheet A, B, C and D type (4, 6.5, 10 and 15W)?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lux-RC

Banned
334tips.png

Guys, please note that the LE vesion is NEVER printed on the components.
See the version printed in the board.