P60 host's Surefire battery tubes -- 17670 vs 18650s?

akula88

Enlightened
I'm more inclined with (fan of) the SF E-series and have 'branched' off on having a couple of P60 head-host via E2C coversions. I have been using Pila168/17670 and Pila150/17500s for many years. Most of my applications are indoor and regulated circuits; and never had DD applications.

>> So... is there still any advantage on using 18650-bored-6P bodies/tailcaps over my existing (e-series bodies) inventory?

I still have one P90 incan (Z3) that is on the shelf for specific emergency purposes (fire/smoke). If I get a convincing argument, I might probably sell this light and get a HCRI drop-in instead. This will simplify and homogenized my overall light collection /inventory.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
There's an ecosystem of parts. Rings, lenses, bodies, tail caps, switches, batteries. The further from standard size you go, the fewer are the breadth and depth of options. You need only ask yourself how important these options are to you. That is, what else are you willing to give up (from the system) to get what you want? If all you want is the P60 itself, you're fine where you are.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I'd only recommend sourcing an E series aftermarket 18650 body for the extra capacity when needed.
FiveMega used to make a pretty decent one.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was a long time fan of P/C/Z/G series lego... but lately I'm complete E-series freak... There is so many custom options, even 18650 body, like Sgt.LED said... I looked for months to find FiveMega first series aluminum black one part body... Not produced any more from aluminum because of somewhat lesser durability compared to bigger hosts (P/C/Z) but few lucky ones here have them...

DSC08070x1_zpsae4e58a8.jpg

But it's a matter of preference... except for much bigger offer of parts for P/C/Z series, they offer more "meat" for better heat dissipation over smaller E-series...

P.S.
You need a 3-mode P60 Triple from OR for that Z3... :devil:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... is there still any advantage on using 18650-bored-6P bodies/tailcaps over my existing (e-series bodies) inventory?
18650 ... 3.000 mAh
17650 ... 1.600 mAh
... for a light the same size

try to get one of the e-series 18650 bodies ...

akula88

Enlightened
I'll try to look for that rare 18650 body.

But meanwhile, capacity seemed to be not a problem with a few extra's at hand. My Pila-168 are already tired bunch, and a few Ultrafires had been acquired. AW is also on the way.

Also, I see to it that I bring along a couple of lights, in cases where it would really be needed.