About the Nitecore Intellicharge i4V2 and unprotected batteries..........

Gr8Scott

Newly Enlightened
Thinking about getting one of these. Yet, some of the data says it won't work with unprotected batteries.

That might be the dealbreaker as I have some unpro batteries.

So will it just not charge them, or worse? Or not?

If it won't charge unpros what would you all recommend in the same price range that will? I am not seeing much out there, maybe I am not looking in the areas I should:huh:

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
This is the one I bought.

It charges unprotected NiMH AAA, NiMH AA, unprotected 18650 lithium-something and sub-C NiCD.

To be honest, protected lithiums are the only ones I haven't tried in it. That and 3.0 V RCR123.

msim

Enlightened
I charge unprotected batteries on mine all the time. Mostly IMR chemistry but some LiCo unprotected cells too. I have had zero issues.

Gr8Scott

Newly Enlightened
The unpros I bought were Panasonic CGR18650CH (grey). I don't plan on using multiples of them or in combo configs. Just want to juice 'em up individually for a single battery flashlight.(Maybe,also, e-cigs) From what I have gathered as long as I make sure they don't go below dangerous levels, it's cool.

What I have now is an XTAR MP1S single and I haven't put the Pannys on it yet. They are sitting now at 3.6v since they are brand new.

Just want to be very safe about this, probably won't buy anything unprotected from here on out.

The Nitecore looks cool, I would love a XTAR VP1, but it's twice what I want to spend now.:confused:

This is the one I bought.

It charges unprotected NiMH AAA, NiMH AA, unprotected 18650 lithium-something and sub-C NiCD.

To be honest, protected lithiums are the only ones I haven't tried in it. That and 3.0 V RCR123.

So,I believe the Sysmax is exactly the same as the Nitecore.

and
[h=2]
[/h]
I charge unprotected batteries on mine all the time. Mostly IMR chemistry but some LiCo unprotected cells too. I have had zero issues.

Just wonder why the "does not charge unprotected tag" :confused:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where does it says it does not charge unprotected batteries?
It says it charges all types of batteries.

Last edited:

Lumen King

Newly Enlightened
Anyone who's got one of these chargers can you let me know what there like because I'm thinking about getting one from Heinne Haynes in the UK but want to know what its like before I buy ome. Also what's the best 18650 li-ion I can buy with protection built in I currently have a couple of Star 3100mAh and was just wondering if there's any better than them? Regards James (Lumen King)

gianetics

Enlightened
there awsome very simple. it automaticaly senses what battery type you put in and charges accordinly. its charging bays are linked ie 1 & 3 are liked and 2 & 4. so lets say your charging 2 eneloops and you want the fastest charge put one cell in bay 1 and the other in 2 or 1 and 4. also if you charging a batties with very low mah you would want to put them in matching bays ie 1/3. i have charged unprotected and protected 16340's and 18650's with no problems

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
The unpros I bought were Panasonic CGR18650CH (grey). I don't plan on using multiples of them or in combo configs. Just want to juice 'em up individually for a single battery flashlight.(Maybe,also, e-cigs) From what I have gathered as long as I make sure they don't go below dangerous levels, it's cool.

What I have now is an XTAR MP1S single and I haven't put the Pannys on it yet. They are sitting now at 3.6v since they are brand new.

Just want to be very safe about this, probably won't buy anything unprotected from here on out.

The Nitecore looks cool, I would love a XTAR VP1, but it's twice what I want to spend now.:confused:

So,I believe the Sysmax is exactly the same as the Nitecore.

and
[h=2]

Just wonder why the "does not charge unprotected tag" :confused:

I'm a vaper, too, and I have those exact batteries as well as several other Panasonic variants as well as tons of AW red labels and black labels and a bunch of various low-end batteries. I've been charging them all several times a week for over a year on an Intellicharger I4v2, an Xtar WP6, a Trustfire TR-003 (I think) and another no-name brand charger. No worries, they're fine. Have at it and happy vaping/lighting. (Vlating? Vlashing? Flashvaping? lol)